Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Is it possible to only let the members to post only through showcase and not directly in the forum? I am planning not to give permission to members to create a new thread directly in the forum.

You could choose to hide the forum index and use the showcase index instead.
I'm planning a similar approach.
Please consider this suggestion: Forum Tab. If you want this, then be sure to vote on it. While it's not considered at this time, Bob implements a lot of things that were first not considered, but later proved popular requests.
I need that one so bad that I will have it implemented by a developer if it doesn't make it into the core.

Last edited:
Is it possible to only let the members to post only through showcase and not directly in the forum? I am planning not to give permission to members to create a new thread directly in the forum.

You could hide the Post New Thread button with a template edit.

Reactions: Bob
If only want to hide the forum associated with showcase then just change the settings of those forums in the node tree. Set it to 'do not show in node list'.

Hi optima, if I hide the Post New Thread using template edit, won't it affect other forums?

Just add a template conditional in the forum_view thread to exclude it in certain forums

Wrap the following with the node node IDs you dont want to see the button
Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a>

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(5,6,9,7,2))">
<a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a>
</xen:if>

I'm planning on moving an IPB based site over to Xenforo but need something to replace IP.Pages.

It's a football related site and I have a database of football clubs as can be seen here. Within each league is a list of clubs and clicking on the club name will take you to some details on the club.

From what I can see Showcase would be an ideal replacement but just have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any converters - I assume not from reading previous posts.
2. Would it be easy enough to redirect the URL's to the new addon.

I'm planning on moving an IPB based site over to Xenforo but need something to replace IP.Pages.

It's a football related site and I have a database of football clubs as can be seen here. Within each league is a list of clubs and clicking on the club name will take you to some details on the club.

From what I can see Showcase would be an ideal replacement but just have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any converters - I assume not from reading previous posts.
2. Would it be easy enough to redirect the URL's to the new addon.
The only converter that comes with showcase is the ability to convert threads to showcase items (either individually or bulk converting). As for redirects, you should be able to handle that via .htaccess.

@Bob - just a quick question on configuration if i may....

Item fields and review fields - the first box you have to put in a fieldID.
it says "This is the unique identifier for this field. It cannot be changed once set."

It doesn't stop you from using the same FieldID in both item and review fields - will this break something either now or further down the line??
Also - if you create say two fieldID's and the identifier is the same - i presume this will break something ??

Cheers
Paul

@Bob SNIP.... will this break something either now or further down the line??
Also - if you create say two fieldID's and the identifier is the same - i presume this will break something ??
No and No. They are completely separate systems. You could also have the same fieldID's in XFMG fields, Resource Fields and User Fields.

Many thanks @Rob - just to confirm - multiple identical field ID's both within "item fields" is ok then, and they wont interfere with each other? Sorry - just wanted to make doubly sure :)

Cheers

just to confirm - multiple identical field ID's both within "item fields" is ok then
No, that is INCORRECT. They have to be unique within the specific system.. ie SYSTEM = Showcase Item Fields, SYSTEM = Resource Fields, SYSTEM = Showcase Review Fields. If you TRY to add a field with the same field ID within the same system, it will throw an error. If you add a field (in any of the systems) and it doesn't throw an error, you are good to go. None of the Systems conflict with each other.

Loving this add on! I know it's been asked, I am sure, but can't find it. Where are the options to allow my moderating group to be able to approve items added?

Loving this add on! I know it's been asked, I am sure, but can't find it. Where are the options to allow my moderating group to be able to approve items added?
Showcase Moderator Permission. They must have ALL of the permissions marked with the red arrows (Items, Comments and Reviews each have their own).
Selection_435.webp

Showcase Moderator Permission. They must have ALL of the permissions marked with the red arrows (Items, Comments and Reviews each have their own).

Thanks for the response. I have the admin permissions set to allow. Here is what I have for moderating group. It still puts anything they add into a que to be approved. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I currently have this set to only be viewed my admins and mods. Registered users can't see it.

Untitled-6.webp

It sounds more like you want a specific user group to be able to create items without those items being put into Moderation for approval vs the permissions needed for your moderators to manage items within the queue. IF that is the case, then there are 2 "create items" permissions. You set ONE (not both). Create items moderated means that the item will be sent to the moderation queue for approval. Create Items means the item will be visible immediately after creating it.

Selection_436.webp

Top Bottom