Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
I'm sorry for my dumb question.
¿This addon could replace the RM?
I mean, users who upload "items" can choose the price and put some external link to purchase that item?

¿This addon could replace the RM?
I mean, users who upload "items" can choose the price and put some external link to purchase that item?
You could do that with Custom Fields. The Resource Manager is more appropriate for that tho. Also, Xen Product Manager and there is also a Classifieds Addon being developed that might also be good for that.

Thank you so much @Bob and @Goodfella
Yes, Bob, in fact I'm looking a classified addon, would be great if Showcase offer this option in the future.
Your addon is really awesome.

Reactions: Bob
I couldn't resist the temptation...(y)... and I've purchased Showcase!
Now I have to find out the way to use it as a classified system. Installed in 1.4.6 and working absolutely perfect.
I'll start now to learn, tweak and customise it.
Many Thanks to Bob for your kind service and this POWERFUL addon (y)

There is a comp running at XFUniverse. Always worth a shot.
Entered thanks.

But even then, this is more than a resource manager.

That's what I mean. The RM is great at what it does and that's all it does. They probably won't make it do anything more than they need it to do. It's tiring trying to bend it to my will lol.

This seems to do more every time I look at it. Hopefully I'll win. :D

After an upgrade I'm trying to rebuild the thumbnails and I'm getting this error. Thanks

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded - library/NFLJ/Showcase/Helper/Image.php:310
Generated By: xx 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(64) "http://www.mysite.co.uk/forum/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(45) "http://www.mysite.co.uk/forum/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Does this add-on have the ability to insert directly from Showcase into a post? Like the "Camera" button does with XFMG?

Does this add-on have the ability to insert directly from Showcase into a post? Like the "Camera" button does with XFMG?
No. I think (you'd have to look) that there is a suggestion for something similar in the Showcase Suggestions Forum at the support site (altho, it might be an AMS suggestion). @Alfa1 could verify tho.

I'm running 1.3.0 of this add-on. Is there any issue with PHP 5.4 or higher? I'm about to upgrade the server for the latest xenforo. Thanks.

No. I think (you'd have to look) that there is a suggestion for something similar in the Showcase Suggestions Forum at the support site (altho, it might be an AMS suggestion). @Alfa1 could verify tho.

I didn't find a previous suggestion, so I created one on the support site.

That's my only hold up for purchasing this. Coming from vB Garage, the members loved being able to quickly insert an image without leaving the reply area (from the gallery).

Since I'm the first suggestion, I don't really expect this functionality to be created. I'm still considering it, thanks @Bob .

I suggested something very similar : autolinks to showcase items. This would allow members to simply type the showcase item name and it's automatically turned into a link to the item with preview. Similar to Wikipedia. This works great for members and seo.
No need for a editor button.

Hey Paul... I'll try my best to answer this...

There are 2 things in play here. A Showcase Item itself & a Showcase Item's User Reviews.

There are 2 sets of Custom Fields for Showcase. There are Showcase Item fields (that belong to the Showcase Item itself and are filled in by the Showcase Item owner only). There are also User Review Fields which are custom fields for the User Reviews input form (so you can have more user input than just the standard star rating, pros, cons and summary). BOTH types of custom fields are linked to Categories (so they can belong to a single category or multiple categories). Item Custom fields are searchable, however, review fields are not (they will be in the near future). Only the User Review Fields have the Star Rating custom field type.

What it sounds like (at least to me) is that you are wanting the Star Rating custom field type that I have included with the User Review Fields added to the Item fields (which will be happening soon) so that you can make the ITEM itself the "Review" and have the ability to display Star Rating Fields for the Item (kinda similar to cnet.com where there is a item review AND user reviews).

I THINK that what you want to do will require waiting until the next 2nd point release which will have some new functionality for the item itself that is more "review" focused (like the star rating field type for item fields for example).

Hope that made sense. If not, shoot me an inbox so we can discuss in more detail.

Hiya Bob,

Just wondering if we are anywhere near a new release on this at all? Would love to get something review-specific up and running as per the bit in italics above ;)

Edit : As a side note, i presume that everything else could be disabled other than the showcase/reviews part, since i already use the official Xf Gallery add-on :)

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Top Bottom