Shoutbox by Siropu

Shoutbox by Siropu [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy (€14.99)
Is anyone else seeing an issue with Chrome on Android, where you click on the smiley button and see the smiley choices twice?

shout_bug.webp

How i can modify the height and width of youtube videos?
Add the following in extra.less template:

CSS:
.siropuShoutbox .bbMediaWrapper, .siropuShoutbox .bbMediaJustifier
{
    max-width: 40%;
}

Change the percentage accordingly or use a set width: 200px;

Is anyone else seeing an issue with Chrome on Android, where you click on the smiley button and see the smiley choices twice?

View attachment 176426
I will see if I can reproduce this.

I plan to keep Shoutbox simple for now. If you want a feature rich application, you should try my Chat 2 instead.

Can I make a suggestion for a future update..

My members would like to see the regular links and the media embedding as a separate option, this way we can disallow embedded media and still allow normal links in the shoutbox... Thank you for your consideration!

As a user, you can't set a custom message color if that is what you are asking. My Chat 2 has that.

Why can't it show a custom color when there is a bbcode for it? Test. Your MyChat2 is more of a full chat room experience. While those looking for a shoutbox mostly want just that, a shoutbox that just works and that includes full bbcode support.

Suggestions:
1. Add support for color bbcode.
2. Remove the 10px padding to the right and left of the smiley/shout buttons. Use the extra space to add a bbcode button that works like the smiley button. A button that auto adds the bbcode for you.
3. Change the layout slightly to make better use of the space. Like this (Notice the message time right above the name next to the avatar:
shout.png

The time font should be smaller but you get the idea.

Otherwise it's a great shoutbox, with the additions above it'll be even better.

To have full bbcode support, you need the XF editor which I don't plan to add in the Shoutbox since the purpose of this add-on is to be basic. You can make Chat 2 work as a shoutbox.

I understand you designed this to be basic and it's priced accordingly, but you could increase the price to $12 and add bbcode support. The shoutbox can be basic yet fully functional.

Why don't you send out a survey to everyone that bought the addon, asking if they would pay more for full bbcode functionality. I'd be surprised if most didn't support the idea. Everybody likes things that just work with the forum. e.g You're about to post something on the forum, you change your mind, you copy and paste into the shoutbox and it just works.

Alternatively you can add bbcode support as a separate addon. There is another shoutbox that requires another addon for smilies support. I don't like this idea, but it's better than half functional bbcode support.

Shoutbox has full bbcode support, you just can't use the editor to edit the text. Having editor support is a major feature and I don't plan to add it in the Shoutbox because Chat 2 has it. Chat 2 can be used as a shoutbox with more functionality for those who want more features.

Top Bottom