Resource icon

Shoutbox by Siropu 1.3.3

No permission to buy (€9.99)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
License
Each installation requires a separate license. With each license you purchase you automatically get 10% off for the next license, up to 50%!
Updates duration
1 Year
Visible branding
No
This is a shoutbox widget that you can add in any of the available widget positions.

Options:
  1. Shoutbox refresh interval - Allows you to set refresh interval for new messages. This option can be disabled.
  2. Maximum shout length - Set the maximum allows shout length.
  3. Shout display limit - Set the maximum number of shouts to display on page load.
  4. Delete shouts older than - Allows you to auto-delete shouts older than x days.
  5. Auto prune shoutbox every x hours.
  6. Auto prune message.
  7. Enable navigation tab - Allows you to chat in a dedicated page
  8. Enable sound - Enable sound notification for new shouts.
  9. Enable avatars - Display user avatar in shout.
  10. Allow BB codes - Controls if BB codes are parsed or not.
  11. Enable auto link - Auto link/embed URLs and media sites.
  12. Enable smilie button - For easy smilie access.
  13. Reverse ordering - Place input box at the bottom and display new messages from the bottom to the top
  14. Footer - Allows you to add custom content (text, ads, etc) in the shoutbox footer.
  15. Thread ID - Post shouts in a dedicated thread as well.
  16. Thread message minimum length - Set minimum length required for shouts.
It has user group permissions for using shoutbox, editing/deleting shouts, prune shoutbox (/prune)
When scrolling at the bottom of the shouts, older shouts will be automatically loaded.

If you want a feature rich chat application, please see my Chat 2 add-on.
Shoutbox demo is available here: https://www.siropu.com/forums/
Author
Siropu
First release
Last update
Rating
4.83 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from Siropu

Latest updates

1. Improvements & Bug Fix

Added option to set a user ID for automated bot prune messages. Fixed an issue with sound path...
  2. Improvements

Added option to use Shoutbox in a popup and the ability to embed it outside XenForo on any domain.
  3. Bug Fix

This release fixes a bug where the smilies box has no style applied to it and cannot be toggled...

Latest reviews

The Shoutbox by Siropu is an ideal version for those who want a lightweight instant chat system. A version like the Chat is much more complete for those who want. I recommend this add-on !
Solid shoutbox and Siropu is very responsive to issues. It covers all the bases you need for a basic shoutbox.
one this addon really looks amazing with the new update its awesome .. and one thing that makes me love your addons they dont come with a paragraph site branding like how others do.
great looking chatbox, it's got everything we need for the front page of the forum. Being able to 'like' shouts would be nice though.
This is perfect if you want a shoutbox that is just a shoutbox - I don't need private rooms, or irc capability, I just need a place for my members to chat and this does the job well. It's well designed so I didn't feel the need to tweak templates at all, I could install and go. It runs very smoothly and my members like it a lot. Also there are some extra features you wouldn't expect, like ability to show the avatar of the person posting, and ability to have a sound play when a shout is posted.
This is exactly what I was looking for. It is simple yet provides all the functionality you would need in a shoutbox. Thanks for creating this.