• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Should I wait for Xenforo2

soccy

New member
#1
I have recently decided to use Xenforo for my community. I was wondering if I should wait for Xenforo 2 before purchasing or is it an easy upgrade when it will be released? FYI - It will not be a huge community to start.

Thanks,
Maria
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#2
Upgrading to XF2 won't be particularly onerous.

The only thing you should be aware of is any add-ons you install now on XF1 will need to be rewritten for XF2.

There's no particular reason why you shouldn't start with XF1 now and upgrade to XF2 later.
 

soccy

New member
#3
Upgrading to XF2 won't be particularly onerous.

The only thing you should be aware of is any add-ons you install now on XF1 will need to be rewritten for XF2.

There's no particular reason why you shouldn't start with XF1 now and upgrade to XF2 later.
Thanks, Brogan for the quick reply and the answer.

All the best,
Soccy