Would you move to XenForo Forum (alone) or wait for XenForo with CMS?

Hemanth

Ok, a follow-up poll for the thread Is there a CMS Planned? to approximately measure the customer mindset!

I've read here and in vB.com that a lot users will buy a Xenforo license to play with it but a portion of them (including me) won't make the actual move to it in the Forum only state.

It seems many users think that a forum only website is concept of the past and for better traffic, user experience, ads & revenue we need conent pages and a well integrated system to manage it. We are in need of a simple, efficient, fast, easy to use, good-looking CMS to manage our articles, news and reviews.

So please vote and tell us what you think? Once released, would you use XF for your website as a Forum only package or would you wait for the CMS integrated version to be released?

I don't see why anyone would use a half assed CMS from a forum group when you have incredible full featured options like drupal. I guess people are afraid of it but its incredible what flexibility and features you get from a real CMS and xen would be wasting its time even trying to compete. Just make sure its easily bridge-able.

I don't see why anyone would use a half assed CMS from a forum group when you have incredible full featured options like drupal. I guess people are afraid of it but its incredible what flexibility and features you get from a real CMS and xen would be wasting its time even trying to compete. Just make sure its easily bridge-able.

Full integration. Simplicity. Management.

Its a nice forum, however I have now gone off it, and I will be sticking with what I have.
A bit random.

I've got over the initial newness of it but still keep getting drawn here. Don't post as much but I like to keep tabs on what's going on. I just wish I hadn't have discovered it so soon as it's been a longer wait to get my hands on it. Already had to wait a while for ip.content, now another thing to wait for :(

Deffo need at least a portal though for a front page on my main site. Could make do with xenforo, pages and a portal until a cms/article system was released, then move over to cms after that.

One thing I'm always impressed with is the way it works so well, compared to other forums, with my iPad. Makes browsing the forums a breeze in safari.

First of all that was a slip up. I was not trying to impersonate staff and I don't appreciate all of you ganging up on me.
I fail to see how we was 'ganging up' on you. One person, Eriksrocks, said that he found it strange that the way you was talking made it seem like you thought you was part of the XenForo staff, which you're quite clearly not, and then offered a different wording. The posts in response to this by Forsaken, Mikey and myself were merely posts to say that we agreed with what Eriksrocks said. At no point was we being abusive towards you. So I'd love to know how you worked out that we're 'ganging up' on you because I see nothing of the sort here.
Also, continuing the trend for attacking your English, the phrase "First of all" doesn't really apply to your post, seeing as you only mentioned one thing.

First of all that was a slip up. I was not trying to impersonate staff and I don't appreciate all of you ganging up on me.

Sorry but I have to agree with them all, there are a number of your posts where you come accross as the be all and end all of information and as if you are part of the company.

I'm a mod author for VB, but I've been completely disappointed with everything VB4 has to offer. I for one will never buy a product from Internet Brands again. I've been feeling that VB was going downhill for several years after 3.6, but I never understood why until I learned of IB and that Kier and Mike had left... then suddenly it all made sense to me. That being said, I have a sizable community and we're pretty invested in keeping things running at least as well as we have them right now. That means we need our CMS.

I'm hoping that one day XF will have a good CMS, so that I could replace our Wiki-run pages. We would use the VB4 CMS, but its god aweful and we don't want to deal with it beyond having a nice front news page... something we got for free in the past with VBAdvanced. I'll probably still get XF early on, just so that I can convert my mods; but I won't be using XF on my live forum, until we can get a CMS.

I wasn't ganging up whatsoever; I've noticed you say something similar to that in the past, and people who try and be staff on forums annoys me when they're not.

I've always found it disrespectful to the actual staff, and on my site I'll usually tell the person to stop as it only causes issues, such as annoying other members.

If it makes you feel better, I also said something similar to Brandon_R when he was acting like he was a staff member. 

I find all this chat about members acting like staff a bit funny. It's roots goes back to said member actually worrying about the site guidelines, and not actually thinking he is a member of the staff.

Top Bottom