Would you move to XenForo Forum (alone) or wait for XenForo with CMS?

Hemanth

Ok, a follow-up poll for the thread Is there a CMS Planned? to approximately measure the customer mindset!

I've read here and in vB.com that a lot users will buy a Xenforo license to play with it but a portion of them (including me) won't make the actual move to it in the Forum only state.

It seems many users think that a forum only website is concept of the past and for better traffic, user experience, ads & revenue we need conent pages and a well integrated system to manage it. We are in need of a simple, efficient, fast, easy to use, good-looking CMS to manage our articles, news and reviews.

So please vote and tell us what you think? Once released, would you use XF for your website as a Forum only package or would you wait for the CMS integrated version to be released?

It is unrealistic to assume version 1 will come with a CMS, enjoy the waiting game. GOOD LUCK.
Yep, that's why I'll buy to support their efforts, and to enjoy playing around with a Forum that actually really REALLY works and is easy on the eyes, but to take it live to my community I have to live with vB (yuk gag cough) until K & M or 3rd partiers give us a sweet suite that puts F,B, and CMS under one roof, one db, and one log in.
Too bad the poll didn't include that as a choice, although it has been discussed plenty. I agree that by now anybody who cares about doing anything about it probably has the message!

They would need to meet the competition for similar products with the ability to import before it would even be a consideration for me. I wouldn't downgrade... simple as that. I would move from VB to IPB before down grading my requirements to a forum only product and then bridging in third party products.

I see it as simple as this. If you want to play with the big boys (VB & IPB) then you need to match them to be competitive, then out perform them to start taking their customers, then maintain that strive for excellence to keep them.

CMS is not my first priority, so I'd move to XenForo as a forum-only solution no problem. CMS's blogs and other "extras" can be integrated as a 3rd party add-on, or someday as part of the stock product. Until then, I can wait. :)

I need a CMS I'm afraid or at least a basic portal t0 keep me going until an official one appears.

No more bridges for me, for me bridging xenForo and Wordpress would be like sticking a Porsche and a Ferrari together. Although the halves of each look great, glued together wouldn't be pretty.

They would need to meet the competition for similar products with the ability to import before it would even be a consideration for me. I wouldn't downgrade... simple as that. I would move from VB to IPB before down grading my requirements to a forum only product and then bridging in third party products.
Same here... most definitely!
I see it as simple as this. If you want to play with the big boys (VB & IPB) then you need to match them to be competitive, then out perform them to start taking their customers, then maintain that strive for excellence to keep them.
Ayyyy-men!!!
Even if I didn't move my forum to xenforo I would still use it for development purposes so that I can familiarise myself with the xenforo system. :)
Absolutely! Using XF even for these discussions (forum only, but no blog or cms yet) is a really nice way to decompress after facing the mostly depressing lack of news and delivery of the Dec 09 promises at vB. One can dream about how cool it would or will be when XF or XF3party DO step up and integrate XF with its own blog and CMS. I'm 62, so I hope they don't wait TOO long! ;)
No more bridges for me, for me bridging xenForo and Wordpress would be like sticking a Porsche and a Ferrari together. Although the halves of each look great, glued together wouldn't be pretty.
...And you need a different set of keys to get in the door, and the controls are located in different places with different labels depending on which door of the vehicle you enter!

For me, a CMS and blog would be a minimum to look at it as serious option. I can't say I *would* convert at that point, but at least it would be something that could be evaluated.

In the end, it comes down to us not losing functionality for end users for stuff we use in vB (whether those functions are built by XF developers and rolled into the product or need to be built by me).

Aha. Internet Brands woke up apparently (hmm... wonder how that happened? ;)) and tells us this:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...or-vBulletin-Part-II

That's what we call grasping straws, seeing how negative the community is, then trying to keep those users who are in doubt about switching. Because they know they have customers who don't realize that they have to pay *again* for code that was not stable a year ago, and won't be in a year from now.

Marketing spin, and more false promises.

That's what we call grasping straws, seeing how negative the community is, then trying to keep those users who are in doubt about switching. Because they know they have customers who don't realize that they have to pay *again* for code that was not stable a year ago, and won't be in a year from now.

Marketing spin, and more false promises.
Then the features will be poorly implemented and complete pieces of crap... :rolleyes:

Then the features will be poorly implemented and complete pieces of crap... :rolleyes:
I'm not a dev myself, but I can't imagine how you can still have pleasure in your work if in the end it's just full of bugs and isn't working/looking great. vB has so many options, and don't get me wrong I think that's great to some degree, but why not concentrate on less and try to enhance the quality of each more? I couldn't even work for a company that focusses on quantity instead of quality.

Whether or not it will include a CMS is kind of stupid. It will include a CMS, but at the start it wont... period - that has already been established. If you need a CMS then you will be waiting like everyone else. It remains to be seen whether the developer community (once we have a stable beta) will build the CMS or whether K&M will do this but either way the forum will come first as a standalone product.

I can't surely say today if i'll 100% convert immediately but i am planning to create a test site immediately and show that to my members and as soon as i convert my modifications , prepare a style i am planning to convert my sites. CMS is not a major factor for me

Top Bottom