Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey v2.2.10

No permission to download
sypralout... I'm attempting to do the same thing. I think you have done it in the wrong order.
Assuming you have a customized parent that you want to upgrade
1) Export the customized parent style as an archive (I think this will drag along pictures, etc., that are not in the xml).
2) Upload the customized style as a child of the parent. Afterwards click on it to edit it's description to identify it as changed or customized.
3) Set the child as the default and user selectable.
4) Install the updated version of shades of grey as the parent, replacing the original. (The old child will stay with your customizations)
(This is just what I got from reading stuff... I'm waiting till my users are absent to do the actual upgrade. I'll delete this line if it works.)
Thank you for this. I will try it out.

sypralout... I'm attempting to do the same thing. I think you have done it in the wrong order.
Assuming you have a customized parent that you want to upgrade
1) Export the customized parent style as an archive (I think this will drag along pictures, etc., that are not in the xml).
2) Upload the customized style as a child of the parent. Afterwards click on it to edit it's name & description to identify it as changed or customized.
3) Set the child as the default and user selectable.
4) Import the updated version of shades of grey as the parent (use: "overwrite style"), replacing the original. (The old child will stay with your customizations)
This worked. Note I edited my original directions a bit for clarity. Also note that the updated style does not appear to change the style description, I manually changed it in the editor from 2.2 to 2.2.1

Well... I updated xenforo, and then did the shades of gret update per my last post above, successfully I thought, and then this is what happened to me... I got this popping up:
Customized templates become outdated when their last update was before the last update of the template they're based on, as these cannot incorporate the most recent changes. These templates should be updated to ensure that the latest features and bug fixes work as expected. If you are using a third-party style, you may be able to install a new version to update your templates.
It then cites the extra.less being the issue? I haven't quite figured out what it means... any expert tips? Should I Merge these?

Well, I did the merge... and I didn't understand the file edits it showed me but I went with it. It looks like nothing exploded... did I make a mistake?

The profile background color has changed to light gray/white, which is washing out the font color that was made for a black background, and some profiles are showing background photos from previous avatars (no idea how this is happening, unless there's a way to display a background image):
1603120785108.png

Also the profile preview background has changed colors as well, it used to be just black:

1603120639365.png

How can I adjust these?

The profile background color has changed to light gray/white, which is washing out the font color that was made for a black background, and some profiles are showing background photos from previous avatars (no idea how this is happening, unless there's a way to display a background image):
View attachment 237937

Also the profile preview background has changed colors as well, it used to be just black:

View attachment 237936

How can I adjust these?
Please disregard, I figured it out.

Using shades of grey 2.2. Users reporting that selecting text in an editor does not show the highlight, i.e. selection. Any suggestions for a CSS tweak?

Using shades of grey 2.2. Users reporting that selecting text in an editor does not show the highlight, i.e. selection. Any suggestions for a CSS tweak?

Hi @NealC

I thought I had fixed that, but apparently I missed it. You can actually see the text it but it is really faint.

Make these changes and it will fix the problem. I will fix this soon on a new 2.2.3 release.

2021-01-29_14-58-59.jpg

Is there a way to center the menu items such as Home, Forums, What's New, etc. while keeping the Login and Search into aligned right? Thank you.

After the latest update 2.2.3-1 I received an out of date template warning about extra.less. The merge showed this:

/* userBanner.userBanner--staff override */
.userBanner.userBanner--staff, .userBanner.userBanner--primary {
color: @xf-paletteAccent3;
background: @xf-paletteNeutral2;
border-color: @xf-paletteNeutral1;

Should I accept the merge?
Also, I'm assuming this is indicating the bold is a new addition with latest revison?

Hmm... I looked at this more closely. The issue was in my customized child style's extra.less.
I think it was saying that this one line in bold above existed in the parent 2.2.3-1, but not in the customized child...
So I allowed the merge. We will see how it goes... ;-)

I uploaded the style. On the homepage it shows the new style and on my Articles forum it does. But my other forums/categories it shows the default XenForo theme. How do I get the whole site to show the shades of grey style?

My site is here: ChristianTalkForums.com

I uploaded the style. On the homepage it shows the new style and on my Articles forum it does. But my other forums/categories it shows the default XenForo theme. How do I get the whole site to show the shades of grey style?

My site is here: ChristianTalkForums.com
Go to Forums > Nodes > YourNodeName and scroll to the bottom and make sure the style is not set to "override style"

2021-10-22_15-14-20.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom