Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue 2.2.11

No permission to download
I'm not really sure, but it won't break anything if you try. Let me know. :)

well i tried. header & navigation & sidebar elements are all a mess (scrambled) but i dont know if this is something i simply have to configure within the style properties.

i really like your front page here...

2019-10-23_20h21_01.webp

how do i make something like this? mine is just a bog standard forum board with nodes and thread lists.

well i tried. header & navigation & sidebar elements are all a mess (scrambled) but i dont know if this is something i simply have to configure within the style properties.
Send me a link so I can take a look

how do i make something like this? mine is just a bog standard forum board with nodes and thread lists.
Well, get your wallet out and go here. :)

One thing I find annoying is that every time I update my extra.less on the default theme (which all themes are children of) then I need to go and edit it in Shades of Blue as well because you put code there which overrides my extra.less.

Is there a way I can move some extra code of yours to another template or could you?

Is there a way I can move some extra code of yours to another template or could you?
Whatever changes you make to the default theme, you will also need to make those same changes to the extra.less file on Shades of Blue. :)

Shades of Blue appears to have two issues.
  1. The Staff Member doesn't have the box around it
  2. In the Members area the link colors are incorrect
issue2.webpissue1.webp

Hi @Gator - quick question: is there a way to retain customized values every time I update the style? Not sure if this is an overall issue with the style importer in XenForo, but after every update I need to go back and enter manually my settings for page width, font sizes, and even forum logo. It gets tiring after a while. Thanks!

Hi @Gator - quick question: is there a way to retain customized values every time I update the style? Not sure if this is an overall issue with the style importer in XenForo, but after every update I need to go back and enter manually my settings for page width, font sizes, and even forum logo. It gets tiring after a while. Thanks!
@puterfixer
Here is the "Styles" section of the XenForo 2.0 manual that may assist you.

This is how I upgrade ...it doesn't take long
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks @Gator , so after rtfm-ing the best practice seems to be loading styles with no parent and also not marking them as user-selectable, then creating user-selectable child styles where all customization goes. This way updating the parent style doesn't mess with customizations.

small issue with moderated content.
This is how it looks in the theme:
Screenshot 2020-11-18 220417.webp

The "show" text at the end is the same color as the background color.
Highlighted here in red for visibility
Screenshot 2020-11-18 220501.webp

Top Bottom