Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey 2.2.1

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.1
  2. 2.2
License
The style is FREE to use, modify, or change to meet your needs. (For non-commercial use only)
Visible branding
No
Shades of Grey
  • A simple dark theme for XenForo 2
  • No template edits ...only CSS additions
  • You can see it in action on my personal website here:
  • For xenForo 2.2, the style has been exported as an "archive" so simply import the ".zip file" only
Installation Instructions: While in the Admin CP, select:
Appearance > Styles > Import > Child of style: (No Parent) > and then click "Import"

Example:
2020-06-25_14-23-07.jpg

Color Palette.jpg
NOTE:
If you would like to change the text accent color, simply go to:
Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Shades of Grey > Color Palette > Color 4
For example, a cream-colored accent would use "rgb(226, 226, 188).

If you liked the old (and discontinued) "Cream Accent" style, make these three simple changes:
  • Color 3: rgb(54, 100, 132) to rgb(54, 108, 54)
  • Color 4: rgb(112, 171, 203) to rgb(226, 226, 188)
  • Accent 2: rgb(163, 102, 41) to rgb(107, 173, 109)
Author
Gator
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 20 ratings

More resources from Gator

Latest updates

1. Shades of Grey 2.2.1

Changelog Compliance update to correspond to xenForo version Added "!important" declaration to...
  2. Shades of Grey 2.2

This is a xenForo 2.2 compliance upgrade only (nothing new). The style has been exported as an...
  3. Shades of Grey 2.1.10

Shades of Grey is now a single download with the default accent color of "blue". If you liked...

Latest reviews

I use it for my gaming community and it works great.

Thanks a lot for providing this frees tyle. It is better than most paid.
Gator
Gator
Thank you for taking the time to review the style. So glad to hear you like it.
Looks good, changes presentation only so it can't break any functionality. extra.less is documented for any additional tweaks that were made outside of the styles panel.
Gator
Gator
Thank you for taking the time to review the style. So glad to hear you like it.
Works great without issues. Always wanted dark type themes since mobile devices implemented Dark Mode.
Gator
Gator
Glad you liked it, and happy to see a nice review ...as always :)
This is a great theme. In fact, this is the -only- third party theme that we found that we liked enough to install. We are converting 2 systems from vBul 3.x, and made our own vBulletin-esque style but loved giving our users a dark style option. This was it.
Gator
Gator
I'm so glad to hear you like the style, and thanks for taking the time to create a "positive" review. I was also a vBulletin user for a number of years, but I followed Kier here to xenForo. You will find that not only is this great forum software, but a great community as well.
Excellent theme! Finally, a dark thee that looks modern and not so Nineties. I am glad I found this theme.
Gator
Gator
Hi ceberlin. It's always nice to see kind words. Thanks so much for taking the time to make a review. It keep me motivated. :)
Thanks for the continued support of this theme, you've saved me so much time by creating great looking dark theme. My users love it too!
Gator
Gator
Always great to hear. Thank you so much for taking the time to review. Your feedback inspires me to continue updating the style.
Thank you so much. Working great on my forum and members love them. I am using the latest version of xenforo.
Gator
Gator
Thank you, too. It makes me smile to hear such good comments. Most people don't take the time to make a review, which I guess is unfortunate. Anyway, let me know if you have any issues and I will try to help. :)
working on 2.1.5 - very nice. easy to setup- extracted the xip file and imported the xml to the syle section
Gator
Gator
I'm glad you like it. Thanks for taking the time to give it a positive review. :)
Our members (and I) love it! Thanks for offering this! It will hopefully make our forum a little easier on the eyes in darker settings.
Gator
Gator
@mitchelled Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. It is truly appreciated. :)
These are excellent styles! Thanks for sharing and for your effort in creating them. My users love the darker styles and these are much better than the ones I created.
Gator
Gator
Thanks, penturners, for taking the time to give it a positive rating. It makes all the time I spent working on the style worth the effort.