s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
IMDB sample URLs cannot be embedded?
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2482677785/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/videoplayer/vi2482677785

The specified URL cannot be embedded as media.

Yes, IMDb does not appear to advertise (= show on page) the existence of the embedded player anymore, and it interferes with the way the add-on determines whether a trailer/video can be embedded. I'm going to update the add-on so it keeps working for as long as IMDb keeps their embedded player alive. There's a possibility that they're phasing it out.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media Sites with a new update entry:

Maintenance update: Facebook, IMDb, Podbean updated. NBC Sports and Stitcher removed.

Updated:
  • Facebook: minor style change. A white background has been added to fix the issue with Facebook's transparent/unreadable posts on dark styles.
  • IMDb: it looks like they might be phasing out their embedded player. It's still working for now.
  • Podbean: misc updated to keep up with their markup.
  • Misc coding changes in the lazy loader. No functional change intended nor expected.

Removed:
  • NBC Sports: their video section is dead.
  • Stitcher: they were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you are using this mod to inject an affiliate id for amazon links, you might want to check out @AndyB 's Post Notice mod to add disclaimers (under the signature area of any post containing an affiliate link) to maintain compliance with amazon associates' TOS. I just tested it using this mod's rewriting of amazon links to [ MEDIA=amazon ] bb code and it worked great:

Last edited:
If you install this mod on a forum that has been around for a few years, do you need to rebuild a cache or something to have the mod process tweets, videos, amazon links, etc. that already exist in the forum?

Is the embed loading for you guys here?

I can confirm that Twitter embeds do not work. The API that returns a tweet's data returns a 404 error instead, meaning it's either been disabled in a particularly abrupt manner or there is an issue related to Twitter's CDN. Time will tell whether it's a business move, or a temporary outage. I'm leaving a link to a tweet below, which will serve as an indicator on whether their embedding stuff is working. XenForo uses a different method to embed tweets than the one I use in this add-on but they use the same API in the end.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you install this mod on a forum that has been around for a few years, do you need to rebuild a cache or something to have the mod process tweets, videos, amazon links, etc. that already exist in the forum?
You don't have to do anything, nor there is any tool in the add-on to process old posts. However, old links will not be turned into embedded media. They will remain as text links.

You don't have to do anything, nor there is any tool in the add-on to process old posts. However, old links will not be turned into embedded media. They will remain as text links.

OK. But if this site has a bunch of links to amazon products and I'd like for the s9e mod to convert them (and inject the affiliate code), is it possible to do it in a batch/automated process, or would I need to manually edit/save every post to force the mod to process them?

I mean twitter embeds, is it going to work soon? or we will have to wait. did you figure a fix for it?
With regards to Twitter, the issue is entirely on their side. It is possible they completely disabled Tweet embeds, or it may be a temporary outage. I assume they will either fix it or announce their intentions.

Top Bottom