s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
What happens if you uninstall the add-on and use XenForo's default template? Any error message in your browser's console?
If I disable the add-on all my embedded videos are just gone. No BB code, nothing.

If I enabled it again, the video thumbnails are back, but the same issue.

The add-on should reinstall XenForo's default media sites when uninstalled. If you post a normal YouTube video, it should be visible.

Ahhhh, sorry... I quit Safari and reopen it. Now it works... Not sure why that happened and I forgot that simple thing to do first.

Ok, but there is still one issue for me. If I disable the add-on, all my youtube links are gone. There are no youtube embeds anywhere.

I'm trying to make sense of what you're asking. If you disable this add-on without uninstalling it, nothing will work. This is how XenForo normally works. When you uninstall this add-on, it reinstalls XenForo's default media sites. Obviously, XenForo does not support everything from this add-on but simple YouTube URLs such as this one are supported. If this URL produces a working player with XenForo's default media site but does not work when this add-on is installed, then the issue exists somewhere in the way this add-on creates or loads the embedded player.

Do you have access to your browser's error console?

As far as I can tell, Rokfin does not provide a way to embed their content.

Updating this add-on will erase the existing BBCode MediaSitesthat I have added to the list manualy?
It will overwrite existing sites, so if you have your own YouTube media site, it will be replaced. It does not remove sites that do not exist in this add-on.

Hi Joshy,

I don't use GoogleDrive myself, so I can't help this member, but he has posted a link on the forum. This is what shows, but the PLAY button doesn't start the video. Any idea what could be the issue? I did a search but didn't find anything helpful to my case.

The video URL is -
Code:
[MEDIA=googledrive]1srvgGlCzqxX4cgFnrDOYBXnkycezX__O[/MEDIA]

893a488339bbcc2f51bd5cf81a16f9ff.png

Thanks!

Firefox's Tracking Prevention does that. It could be an adblocker too. Basically, your user has something (built-in or a browser extension) that blocks some requests.

Firefox's Tracking Prevention does that. It could be an adblocker too. Basically, your user has something (built-in or a browser extension) that blocks some requests.
OK, but I'm using Chrome, and the Ad Blocker is not engaged on the forum.

EDIT: And I just tried Firefox and it's working.

In Chrome, the workaround is to click the arrow icon to go to Googledrive,

b7a38396fd9791aa624662b3ec66edd4.webp

and then download the video file to my computer.

5350dc36686771f4855a65954bb97c81.webp

Then I can watch it. It's a bit clunky, but it works for now. :)

Maybe you can figure out why it's not working at some point?

Here is the link to that post:

Cheers!

Last edited:
I thought it was your user who was having problems watching that video. If it's you, then it's probably that you block third party cookies in Chrome. The video works fine for me on my local board when the full all-up-in-your-business tracking isn't impeded by any feature or extension. And I get the same result as you (blank player) if I harden anything related to privacy.

I thought it was your user who was having problems watching that video. If it's you, then it's probably that you block third party cookies in Chrome. The video works fine for me on my local board when the full all-up-in-your-business tracking isn't impeded by any feature or extension. And I get the same result as you (blank player) if I harden anything related to privacy.

It's not just me, though. Other members also face that issue, that's why I tried to duplicate it. I can only watch it in Firefox.

Like I said, there is no adblocker activated in Chrome.

Media sites don't work that way, they exist only to embed specific content from specific websites. What you're looking for is a generic video player. That can be implemented as a custom BBCode and there may be add-ons that handle it automatically. I don't personally know of any but if you ask in the general support forum, you may get some suggestions.

If you regularly post videos and you want to organize them into different albums, you may want to look into XenForo Media Gallery too.

Top Bottom