s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
I don't know what causes that issue on your site. It could be a browser bug, a weird interaction with your style or a particular CSS quirk I am not aware of. I could add the workaround I posted earlier so you don't have to keep it in your extra.less file. It worked for you, right?
It actually also happens on the XF default theme, so unlikely an issue specifically with my style. It was only really tested in Safari on iPhone 11.

@JoyFreak Try this attached version, 2.6.11 Beta 2, let me know if it works better for you.
This works great, thank you.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't seem to work. The fix you gave me a while back did the trick though.

Edit 2: The fix you gave me a while back doesn't do it either. It did at the time though. Here's a link to the thread that the issue occurs in: https://www.joyfreak.com/threads/wild-terra-online-2-new-lands-an-indie-mmorpg-in-development.2892/

You can replicate the issue via console inspection, making the screen width smaller.

Last edited:
indiegogo embed doesn’t seem to work, shows a blank space.

Attachments

• C8E1A4F7-90E4-4B9F-BAE9-DB76A77C966D.webp
    C8E1A4F7-90E4-4B9F-BAE9-DB76A77C966D.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
Rumble

I propose rumble videos to be added. This is important in the age of big-box-platforms book burning currently under way.

--
rumble shares look like this:
Code:
https://rumble.com/vasl9x-high-level-climbing-from-an-old-man.html

Code:
<iframe class="rumble" width="640" height="360" src="https://rumble.com/embed/v86f39/?pub=2r3k9" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here is a video with their share and embed code offerings.

Should be super straight forward to be added to this add-on

More like gfycat aren't responsive now.
The style changes have been reverted in 2.6.12 so if they caused it, it should now be fixed. If not, send me the URL of a page that shows that issue and I'll look into it.

Sorry to be a pain but that didn't fix the issue. It's created more right space than before it seems.
I didn't see your edits so I thought that issue had been fixed already. I have reverted the CSS changes since they don't do anything. I will give it another look later but I can't explain the layout issues you see. If you have a simple step-by-step way to reproduce on the default style, it could help.

Indiegogo misconfigured their servers, which prevents their widget from being embedded. I assume they'll fix it as soon as somebody notices. You may want to send them a message if you want to speed up the process.

The style changes have been reverted in 2.6.12 so if they caused it, it should now be fixed. If not, send me the URL of a page that shows that issue and I'll look into it.

I didn't see your edits so I thought that issue had been fixed already. I have reverted the CSS changes since they don't do anything. I will give it another look later but I can't explain the layout issues you see. If you have a simple step-by-step way to reproduce on the default style, it could help.

Indiegogo misconfigured their servers, which prevents their widget from being embedded. I assume they'll fix it as soon as somebody notices. You may want to send them a message if you want to speed up the process.
I don't know what steps to run with you. I pretty much tested it on the default theme. With your add-on disabled, it fixes the issue. With your add-on enabled, it causes the issue. It happens on mobile, I'm using iPhone 11, latest iOS and on Safari. I have also noticed it on Chrome too. If you open the console on desktop and change the width so it's mobile size, you can also notice the issue. It's to do with a certain embed, I think last time you said imgur might be causing it? Your very first fix sorted it for me, but it no longer works. The issue is that it changes the page width and causes unnecessary spacing on the right side. If you want to test it, use that very same URL I posted above, it's where the issue lies.

I just applied the latest update and my Xenforo immediately went offline.
Can you think of any reason why the update would do that?

I uploaded the update, then I clicked the browser shortcut to the Xenforo control panel and it gave an Error 404.
Website was suddenly down.

My DB seems fine. Web service is fine. Maintenance message applied and working.

I'm on XF2.0

I uploaded the update, then I clicked the browser shortcut to the Xenforo control panel and it gave an Error 404.

No add-on should be able to cause a 404 to happen. If you're on PHP 7.0 it could theoretically cause a 500 error, but not a 404.

No add-on should be able to cause a 404 to happen. If you're on PHP 7.0 it could theoretically cause a 500 error, but not a 404.
I'm sorry, I just double-checked and it actually was a 500.
Do you know where I can research what I might have done wrong and how to fix it?
I'm 7.x, I think PHP 7.2.
1604603063283.png

Last edited:
The current add-on requires PHP 7.1 and older versions of PHP may cause a 500 error. You should try reuploading whichever version of the add-on you upgraded from.

Definitely check which version of PHP you're actually using first.

We have PHP version 7.2.34..
I restored my server to an image backup from earlier this morning.
Will probably wait till after-hours before I attempt another s9e update.
Nobody else is reporting issues so it's probably something weird on my side.

@JoyFreak I'm trying a different approach to some of the layout, which is intended to reduce the potential for incompatibilities/issues related to screen width and may help in your case. I'm attaching version 2.6.13 Beta to this post if you want to try it. Let me know if it fixes your layout, and if it does it'll be in the next update. Note that if you want to go back to a previous version you'll have to uninstall the new one before you can reinstall the older one.

@CZ Eddie For what it's worth I tried the latest version of the add-on on XenForo 2.0.12 running on PHP 7.2.34 without any issues. It's theoretically possible to cause a 500 error if you upload the add-on's PHP files manually and something happens during the transfer. It's less possible if you upgrade by uploading the ZIP file. Let me know if you find out what went wrong the first time.

Just a quick one, are you able to incorporate Trello into this?
I looked into it and I don't think Trello boards would work too well as an automatic embed. It seems better used as a custom BBCode.

Attachments

@JoyFreak I'm trying a different approach to some of the layout, which is intended to reduce the potential for incompatibilities/issues related to screen width and may help in your case. I'm attaching version 2.6.13 Beta to this post if you want to try it. Let me know if it fixes your layout, and if it does it'll be in the next update. Note that if you want to go back to a previous version you'll have to uninstall the new one before you can reinstall the older one.

@CZ Eddie For what it's worth I tried the latest version of the add-on on XenForo 2.0.12 running on PHP 7.2.34 without any issues. It's theoretically possible to cause a 500 error if you upload the add-on's PHP files manually and something happens during the transfer. It's less possible if you upgrade by uploading the ZIP file. Let me know if you find out what went wrong the first time.

I looked into it and I don't think Trello boards would work too well as an automatic embed. It seems better used as a custom BBCode.
You fixed it, good job!

Top Bottom