s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
@JoshyPHP

I get that if I want to update an update from s9e / MediaSites 2.3.15 to 2.3.17 you could tell me what's going wrong.

Code:
ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'Fn' (T_FN), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or '{' in src/XF/Template/Compiler.php at line 8
Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
spl_autoload_call() in src/XF/App.php at line 1292
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2970
XF\App->templateCompiler() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 180
XF\Entity\Template->validateTemplateText() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 166
XF\Entity\Template->verifyTemplate() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 768
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_verifyValueCustom() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 613
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/BbCodeMediaSite.php at line 81
XF\AddOn\DataType\BbCodeMediaSite->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 106
XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Stop back had just seen that php7.4 was active for this domain have now stumped on php7.3 now it goes without problems.

@JoshyPHP

I'm getting "video unavailable" when trying to view embeded YouTube videos on an iphone. Anyone else have this issue and know of a solution? Thanks.

So... Mastodon exploded in India this week. It does have embed codes. But since it is a distributed platform, people can join and connect from multiple domains. So embed code for different 'toots' is different because domain is different. I was just amused if JoshyPHP has explored this platform and seen if it can be supported. Thanks!

As a matter of fact, I have explored it and I can even tell you when: Dec 28, 2018. (I know because of my Git logs)

If Mastodon is getting popular I could theoretically add it to the add-on but as you mentioned this is a decentralized/federated network with many domain names, which doesn't play well with the way I handle media sites. Is there a specific Mastodon instance getting popular or is that more of a generalized uptick in new instances/domains?

right now there are two dominating servers: mastodon.social and mstdn.social. along with some tech folks who are connected through self managed ones. i must have seen around 10 different servers since i connected to the platform.

there is also the issue of completely different platform that is interoperable with mastodon (pixelfed, pleroma). so they use a completely different link structure (example: https://connect.fshm.in/notice/9og3C7YTXhTFyYGaTA) but the content still appears in my feed like on twitter. i am pretty amused with this whole fediverse thingy.

i cannot really ask you to invest in this integration right now. maybe in future if this thing becomes more popular with the growing anger towards twitter! where you can probably add a text box for domains to support? seems like too much hassle at the moment. but yeah, it's good to know that you have explored the platform in the past. cheers 🙏

Had the same error upgrading

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'Fn' (T_FN), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or '{' in src/XF/Template/Compiler.php at line 8

Downgraded php 7.4 to 7.3 and that fixed the issue

That seems very weird and should be unrelated to this add-on. Try a "File health check" in your admin panel, a file may be damaged.

I don't know, probably not. It looks like you need to be logged in the OneDrive site and request a public embed code so you're better off using a generic iframe BBCode.

We are unable to play private Vimeo videos with domain-level privacy using any iOS safari browser or Chrome iOS. We get a "Sorry. Because of it's privacy settings, this video cannot be played here." We normally only see that error is someone attempts to embed the video in an unapproved domain.

However, if we create a custom BBCode using the default Vimeo embed code from their site, it works but doesn't resize for mobile. ( I was using the wrong code)

So the issue appears to be specific to this Addon and we're baffled. Can you help?

Edit: For the time being, we've reverted to a custom BBCode with the recommended Vimeo responsive embed settings below and it's working great on Mobile. Here is the custom BBCode we are using:

Code:
<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{text}?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe></div><script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>

Last edited:
In my forum the audios of vocaroo are shown as an external link. But I remember that a few months ago they were shown with their player to be able to reproduce them in the same forum, without the need to go out.

Can it be a problem of my own forum?

@BlueSquares What happens if you remove the <script> element from your BBCode, does it still work with the videos that don't work with this add-on?

@anon666 I don't know. There may be an issue related to Vocaroo. Try posting the link in a new post in your forums and if it's not embedded, send me the link and I'll investigate.

@BlueSquares What happens if you remove the <script> element from your BBCode, does it still work with the videos that don't work with this add-on?
Thanks for replying. The code above actually works ok. I posted it for others that might be having the same problem. The code that is not working is inside your addon. Here is the non-working code:

Code:
<span data-s9e-mediaembed="vimeo"><span><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" src="//player.vimeo.com/video/{$id}{{ $t ? '#t=' . $t : '' }}"></iframe></span></span>

Do you have a page that shows both the one that works and the one that doesn't? Preferably using the same video.

The two embeds are essentially the same, so if you edit the media site and use the same markup you should obtain the same result. I believe the following template should match your BBCode's:
Code:
<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{$id}?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Hi, I'm using your addon with great success. Thanks! However I need to allow members to upload mp3s to threads (under 20MB), and present the file in a player format. It would be great if they could just "Attach file," or something as simple as that... Suggestions? I have Audio 1.2 addon, but so far I haven't been able to get results. Name of file, link to file, but no mp3 "player." Is this fixable?

ad0ccc0c2b6838bc8bb59900cc1652cd.webp

thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom