s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
I think it must be an addon conflict of some sort. Removing the PAGE_CONTAINER template modification indeed removes the footer bar. Too weird.

No, and that's by design. The main reason is that I don't want the add-on to suffer from any kind of age-restriction. Additionally, I try to focus on websites that benefit the most installations and there are few forums out there that actively want to embed adult videos.

From what I've seen, most adult video websites provide a simple way to embed their content so if that's what you're looking for you may be able to create custom media sites for yourself.

Heads-up about Facebook embeds. I've just updated the iframe that displays them to add support for localization. The Facebook interface should now match the browser's preference. In other words, if your browser is set to prefer German then the Facebook interface should be in German. The change is effective immediately without any update on your end. For now I consider this feature as experimental but if it doesn't cause any issues it will become permanent.

@The Dark Wizard Probably not, does Wikipedia provide a way to embed their content?

I know they have some audio and video clips but those would be better handled via a generic audio/video player.

First off, love this addon. I'm in the testing stages of moving my large VB site to Xen. i ran into an issue with giphy links tho. Not all will embed (typically ones that have amazon in the url). Some do, some dont. Any suggestions?

@TCGMook I'd need to see the links that don't embed properly so I can test it locally. Post them here in a code block.

Edit: actually I've just realized that Giphy links are not processed via this add-on, they are part of XenForo's default media sites. You need to post in the general support forum so that it can be fixed in XenForo itself.

Last edited:
It overwrites existing media sites such as Twitter and YouTube but there's a couple of default media sites that do not exist in this add-on. Off the top of my head, Apple Music and Giphy are two of them.

If the idea is to use Wikipedia's API to generate the content to embed then it would be better handled by its own add-on rather than a media site.

I'm sure its been asked in here and I see how I can edit it but it doesnt seems accurate. How do I decrease the size of the reddit embeds?

The template says height:165px;max-width:800px but theres no way the height is accurate as the embeds are way taller.

Reddit's embeds adjust their height to accommodate their content. You can restrict their dimensions in your extra.less template but the content will be cut off. If you restrict their height, you will have to create a template modification to make them scrollable.

extra.less
CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="reddit"]
{
	max-height: 400px;
}

Template modification:
Code:
        Template: _media_site_embed_reddit
Modification key: RedditScroll
            Find:  scrolling="no"
         Replace:

Alternatively, you can leave your extra.less blank and use a different template modification to add a wrapper:
Code:
        Template: _media_site_embed_reddit
Modification key: RedditWrapper
     Search type: Regular expression
            Find: (^<iframe.*</iframe>$)s
         Replace: <span style="display:inline-block;max-height:400px;max-width:100%;overflow:auto;width:800px">$0</span>

Last edited:
Top Bottom