s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Hi there,

the site MLB.com I think they have changed their hyperlink structure because if I paste the URL of a video to the multimedia form I get an error. But, if a write the bbcode manually and I insert the video identifier code by hand, then it works. Here's an example:

HTML:
https://www.mlb.com/video/harper-s-1st-game-with-phillies-c2523480183

That is not working, I get an error, something like you can't insert that link as video.

And the manual bbcode:

Code:
[MEDIA=mlb]2523480183[/MEDIA]

Can you place a CSS so that the amazon bbcode appears similar to this one?

I can pay some money if the design is the same or similar to this one

also if the link of amazon is towards a category, the preview works badly

Thanks

that looks like a third party implementation! amazon does not seem to have updated their official widgets in a long time from my understanding. would be great if it was possible to get something like that though.

screenshot above is from wordpress plugin AAWP

it would also be great if this plugin worked correctly with Amazon URLs of categories or user profiles.
Now simply appears a white box when you place one of these links, I'm willing to pay some money for these features

Just confirming:
Twitter embeds are down on my board too.

Getting a "Tweet Unavailable" error.

Testing here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The log on XF says this:

The following error occurred while fetching metadata from URL https://twitter.com/PolitzOficial/status/1110191371422449664 Could not fetch metadata from URL with error: Response is not HTML (received -)

iFrames from Twitter are back online now.

Uow. It's nice to see the Community complaining about some feature disabled for some minutes. It's show how the features on XenForo are important for the users.

Catching up on new posts that I didn't see earlier:

Is anyone having Twitter embed issues currently?

The iframe used to display tweets was malfunctioning earlier for about 1 to 2 hours.

The log on XF says this:[/FONT]

The following error occurred while fetching metadata from URL https://twitter.com/PolitzOficial/status/1110191371422449664 Could not fetch metadata from URL with error: Response is not HTML (received -)

That's unrelated to the add-on but it's possible that Twitter had some issues at the same time the iframe I maintain was malfunctioning.

Just a question, what is a 'sponsored addition' ?

It means that someone paid for something to be added to the add-on, either a new feature or a new site. I get a lot of requests for new sites and I accept or decline them depending on the amount of work it requires to implement and whether it benefits a majority of users. When request gets denied I try to systematically offer the option to pay for its development so that users always have the option to get what they want.

It's nice to see the Community complaining

I'll try to mess up more updates then. :giggle:

Can you place a CSS so that the amazon bbcode appears similar to this one?

also if the link of amazon is towards a category, the preview works badly

No, unfortunately I cannot control how the Amazon products are displayed. If you send me the URL that doesn't work I'll try to exclude it from the add-on so that it remains a normal link.

that looks like a third party implementation! amazon does not seem to have updated their official widgets in a long time from my understanding. would be great if it was possible to get something like that though.

Technically they updated them last year or so but their widget generator has remained the same for a long time and the UI hasn't changed in at least a decade.

it would also be great if this plugin worked correctly with Amazon URLs of categories or user profiles.
Now simply appears a white box when you place one of these links, I'm willing to pay some money for these features

I don't intend to expand the range of URLs supported by the add-on. If you're looking for a more comprehensive support for Amazon URLs, searches or products, there used to be at least two add-ons that were focused on Amazon. Check out the resources category: https://xenforo.com/community/searc...ries][0]=42&c[child_categories]=1&o=relevance

It's regrettable that content blockers replace the normal Amazon iframe with a white page. Coincidentally I've made some change earlier today to display an Amazon logo as a placeholder if the iframe itself is being blocked. I'm considering other alternatives to provide a visual fallback (e.g. a simple link) when the Amazon product is blocked.

Top Bottom