s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
@Chad No, the add-on focuses on sites with a broad audience so you'd have to add it to your forums as a custom media site. Judging by that URL, it may be possible to use oEmbed. Alternatively, you may want to use a more generic custom BBCode to embed this ".mp4" URL directly. That may even be preferable.

I don't know where XenForo's doc about the oEmbed feature is, so you'll have to ask in the general support forum.

Hey does this have bit.tube support and I missed it? Is it big enough to add?

Code:
<iframe id="embediframe" width="100%" height="250" src="https://bit.tube/playerembed/45673/QmaF1EXekoh172oZZvGxBJsgtVm8dUBjpLT2fJmxGjdYEr" frameborder="0" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" class="embedVideoIframe"></iframe>

@suineg I looked into it and judging by Alexa's and Reddit's results this one doesn't seem to have found a general audience yet. I'm going to have to pass for now but I'll reconsider if it becomes viral.

If that site holds a particular importance for your site and you want to sponsor its inclusion to this add-on (or as a separate add-on) by paying for its development you can send me a message and I'll give you a quote asap.

@suineg I looked into it and judging by Alexa's and Reddit's results this one doesn't seem to have found a general audience yet. I'm going to have to pass for now but I'll reconsider if it becomes viral.

If that site holds a particular importance for your site and you want to sponsor its inclusion to this add-on (or as a separate add-on) by paying for its development you can send me a message and I'll give you a quote asap.
Yeah I would be interested in hearing that.

@Brandon K I've just taken a look at their site. They do have a videos section but they don't seem to provide an official way to embed their content. They have a video player for Twitter that might be usable in forums, but that's relatively inconvenient to use. All in all, I think it's too much work (and potential issues down the line) to be worth it, sorry.

@Brandon K I've just taken a look at their site. They do have a videos section but they don't seem to provide an official way to embed their content. They have a video player for Twitter that might be usable in forums, but that's relatively inconvenient to use. All in all, I think it's too much work (and potential issues down the line) to be worth it, sorry.
Thanks for getting back to me. I noticed they recently changed their site media player because before you could right click the video to get the embedded code. Shame. I'm currently tracking down the videos they share to Twitter and Facebook, but it would have been a time saver if I could take their videos right off the main website and use your resource. It's a great add-on nonetheless. :)

Judging by the URL, I assume this is LinkedIn's CDN, which wouldn't be useful to most users. Your best option is to simply use a generic video BBCode to embed the video file directly.

@JoshyPHP I've had reports that the Giphy embeds have started intercepting on-scroll events when hovering over the embed which interferes with scrolling on the page (since you need to scroll to the embed before it will start scrolling the page).

Example; https://giphy.com/embed/l0Iydl9zWjbLvLv6U

@Xon Until it gets fixed by Giphy or in XenForo, you can prevent the embed from receiving pointer events by adding this to your extra.less template:
CSS:
iframe[src^="https://giphy.com/embed/"]
{
	pointer-events: none;
}

• Love
Reactions: Xon
Hello JoshyPHP nice to meet you again.
Amazing work!

I have one question since I have done migration from phpBB, all posts were already there.
Your addon catches only the new posts, is there a way to rebuild cache with your addons parser included?

Best regards!

@hibiskus I don't think there is, but the people in the general support forum may know better.

XenForo replaces URLs with a MEDIA BBCode at posting time, which means that old posts would need to be reparsed and I don't think that XenForo has a built-in tool for that.

Top Bottom