s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
yeah it's weird. i have it completely disabled on my forum's domain so third party domains should not matter at all. i have whitelisted all the domains connected to embedding (*.github.io, *.twitter.com, *.twimg.com) and it still block tweet embeds on my forum's pages! i even resetted privacy badger to see if that helps but it did not change anything. i guess i would check if they have a support platform and see if they can point out what's happening.

this is what i see on my forum:

a6e3ZKy.png

i assume this means that github.io content is being loaded. but it breaks after that? (tweet link is valid and it works in incognito).

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it's related to EFF's Privacy Badger. If I block github.io on mine, it displays an empty iframe with no text and just the Twitter bird. If I block platform.twitter.com the loading text is replaced with "Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection." as expected when the page cannot load Twitter's JavaScript.

If it gets stuck on "Loading tweet..." it means the request for Twitter's script is either frozen somehow, or it's redirected to an empty document. Some request blockers do that, replace scripts from unauthorized sources with an empty file.

ah ok. i am not using any other ad blocker or script blocker. no firewall either. would go through my list of browser extensions and see what is going on.

i am on chrome beta and this one has the site specific functionality for chrome extensions. maybe that is causing this issue. should have checked on chrome stable first 😛

thanks for looking into it.
I will tell you that I see the same as that screenshot when a tweet has been deleted or is private.

well that has always been the case. the tweets that are not loading for me are not from private accounts or deleted. i did confirm :)

the weird thing is that it does load for me like 1 out of ten times. i am still not able to find out what is causing this problem :D

Currently still on s9e Media Sites 1.0.13, how should I upgrade? Just download the latest version and replace the files?

The first step is to upload the new files, then I'm not entirely sure but I think you're supposed to go to the Add-ons category in your admin panel, click the cog on the right of the add-on's name and select "Upgrade." At any rate, it shouldn't be any different from any other add-on, if that helps.

I'm trying to extract the files after downloading it, but it says the file is invalid. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

@JoshyPHP for some reason the IMDb embed doesn't work .... and i'm not even talking about "appears to embed fine but then doesn't show anything" kind of not working ... it just straight up gives me a "not supported" error when i try to embed an IMDb link (http, https, with www and without - doesn't matter) ... did i break something or is it a known bug?

Likeliest explanation is that the URL you posted is not supported. The only way to know for sure is for you to post the URL.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media Sites with a new update entry:

Updated Internet Archive and YouTube, removed defunct sites, updated media site homepages

Internet Archive now supports /embed/ URLs.
YouTube now supports canonical URLs for playlists.
Removed Kiss Video and Videomega as both sites have ceased to be.
Media site homepages have been updated to use HTTPS.

The add-on's archive has been created manually to fix an issue in XenForo 2.0.10.

Read the rest of this update entry...

How can I import videos included the "x"day updates from these site:
https://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat
Directly in my XFMG category.

If you want each video to be added to the XFMG category, that's something that would need to be done at the gallery level. Otherwise, you can post a playlist as a single item in the gallery. Version 2.0.9 of this add-on supports URLs for a video as part of a playlist and version 2.0.10 supports canonical playlists.

I have upgraded to XF2 - tried installing this add on and it doesn't install like others, is there a trick to install?

No. Try uninstalling the old one before reinstalling this one, even though it shouldn't make any difference. If you're having issues unpacking the archive for v2.0.9 of this add-on, try the latest version of the add-on, v2.0.10.

Top Bottom