s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Yes, you probably have a rule in your extra.less to make sure that the link is below the video. It probably looks something like this:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] + i {
    display: block;
}

The weird spacing is because XenForo changed the way line breaks are handled in XF 2.0 compared to XF 1.5 and I didn't realize it for an embarrassing long time.

Hey there, I was using 2.7.4 of this add-on on XF 2.2.8 and noticed that Instagram embeds aren't working properly. This appears to be an issue with the Fancybox lightbox not properly calculating height on load trigger and as you scale the window size down, the vertical height of the item inside the fancybox container is shrunk as well. I'm also seeing an error with the Instagram JS; Not sure if that's related or not.

1638906088802.webp
1638906100626.webp

It looks like embeds to Dutch video site Dumpert.nl are not working.

I can't read Dutch (a user pointed it out to me), but from just looking at their site I don't actually see an embedded player offered by the site any longer. I'm not sure what's going on, but I wanted to bring it up.

Hi Joshy,

I noticed tonight that Amazon links don't show anything. If I just copy/paste a link, like this:

429b512ab89ab6c93253d959adda75cf.png

...it gets stripped to this: (media=amazon) etc.

53b23e5cc47c7a8891029a4c4d39bba8.png

However, THIS is what is displayed once it is published:

009c020223509c276b9e7d7d02dd7071 (1).png

I'm using ver. 2.6.31. I haven't updated Xenforo to the latest yet, just waiting for bugs to be ironed out.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Andre

This add-on really can't fix blockage of Amazon embed code by browse add-ons. This has been reported here multiple times. Behaviour keeps on changing for different Amazon domains. Options are to enable source link of embeds in Xenforo or disable Amazon embeds.

This add-on really can't fix blockage of Amazon embed code by browse add-ons. This has been reported here multiple times. Behaviour keeps on changing for different Amazon domains. Options are to enable source link of embeds in Xenforo or disable Amazon embeds.

OK, so how would I go about this, could you share a link to instructions? I'm drawing a blank. 🙄

Many thanks! :)

First option. Turn on Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code here: admin.php?options/groups/mediaEmbedding/. But this would leave a source link with all embeds.

Second option. Disable Amazon embeds from here: admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/.

For me here in India, Amazon embed code loads a generic image pointing to homepage for most product links so I had to disable it in any case.

First option. Turn on Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code here: admin.php?options/groups/mediaEmbedding/. But this would leave a source link with all embeds.

Second option. Disable Amazon embeds from here: admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/.

For me here in India, Amazon embed code loads a generic image pointing to homepage for most product links so I had to disable it in any case.

Thanks for the help, Chromaniac, but sorry this is not going to work. Will ask in forum.

Regards,

Andre

Hey, I wanted to follow up on this issue. Please let me know if you need any additional information to get this resolved!

Hey there, I was using 2.7.4 of this add-on on XF 2.2.8 and noticed that Instagram embeds aren't working properly. This appears to be an issue with the Fancybox lightbox not properly calculating height on load trigger and as you scale the window size down, the vertical height of the item inside the fancybox container is shrunk as well. I'm also seeing an error with the Instagram JS; Not sure if that's related or not.

View attachment 261500
View attachment 261501

I'm surprised nobody has yet requested a Google Maps embed. Sometimes we want to include one location but for others, the embed might include an entire route. (Example--a road rally route with numerous stops.) Google offers a shareable link, or a lengthy embed code in an IFRAME.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media Sites with a new update entry:

Added experimental support for Guzzle. Updated TikTok and WSHH

TikTok and WSHH have been updated.
Experimental support for Guzzle has been added, disabled by default.

Guzzle is a PHP library used by XenForo to retrieve data from external sources. This add-on uses native cURL calls for the same purpose. If this means anything to you and you want this add-on to use the same Guzzle client as XenForo, you can add the following to your config.php file:
Code:
$config['http']['s9e.client'] = 'guzzle';

Future versions of this add-on may default to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry for not replying sooner, I'm subscribed to this thread but I must have missed the notification(s) somehow. If anybody's still waiting for a reply please repost below.

Is it possible to add "https://getyarn.io" ? It was requested by a user.
The site doesn't seem to be very popular so I'm going to have to decline. Judging by the URLs, you should be able to create a custom media site manually if that's something that's useful for your forums.

I don't know what I'm looking it. Is that some kind of gallery page? Instagram embeds have a dynamic height, it may interfere with the gallery layout. If you post a link to a page that shows it in situ I'll take a look at it but that's something that would probably have to be handled within the gallery's script. Regardless, I can make a recommendation and if the gallery add-on is XFMG I can try to reproduce it locally if you give me the steps required to get that page.

It looks like embeds to Dutch video site Dumpert.nl are not working.
I'm not sure whether this was intentional or a bug but Dumpert's server is configured to only allow the website GeenStijl to embed their player. I don't know what to make of that. You can edit the media site and either disable the media site completely or temporarily disable the auto-embedding of their links in case they revert that change.

Yes, but doesn't everybody use an AdBlocker nowadays? It used to work even with my AdBlocker on, for years...
I assume that you have some kind of auto-updated blocklist, which means that sometimes things will stop working spontaneously. I confirm @Chromaniac's instructions and add that there's also an option that adds a link to Amazon products in the add-on's options.

I'm surprised nobody has yet requested a Google Maps embed. Sometimes we want to include one location but for others, the embed might include an entire route. (Example--a road rally route with numerous stops.) Google offers a shareable link, or a lengthy embed code in an IFRAME.
It's been requested a couple of times, not sure if it was in this thread. Embedding maps requires an API key and would be better handled by a specialized add-on.

Is possible to add support for this site?

Judging by the URL, that's something you can add for yourself as a custom media site. https://xenforo.com/docs/xf2/bbcode/#bb-code-media-sites

---------------------

That should be it for outstanding posts. If I missed yours, please repost it.

Media embeds are different sizes and there's no mechanism for resizing them by a percentage. You can use CSS in your extra.less template to limit their size. Most embeds are 640 × 360 and can be targeted using [data-s9e-mediaembed] as a CSS selector. Otherwise, specific media sites can be selected by name, e.g.
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube"] { max-width: 1280px !important; }

Top Bottom