s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Apparently Twitter has just discontinued support for old URLs. I've just updated the iframe, that should fix it.

Last edited:
Ah that's fixed it, great stuff.

I've noticed that Tweets don't load in Firefox, is that something Firefox needs to deal with?

It works fine for me in Firefox but your privacy settings may cause Twitter to be blocked.

On that note, I'd like to point out that tweets embedded with in this add-on have DNT enabled and I'm about 60% certain that due to the fact the add-on uses a third party iframe, Twitter does not even know what site they're embedded into.

Looks like something changed today on the Instagram side of things; as of right now Instagram embeds are not visible unless you're logged into an Instagram account in your browser.

Last edited:
Part of their code is missing and that causes the thing to fail. There's nothing we can do but I assume someone will notice it and fix it soon.

Heads-up: I'm currently experimenting with alternative ways to compute a tweet's height. If you notice that tweets are the wrong height (either cut-off or too much white space below it) send me a link to a post that displays the tweet and the exact version of your browser.

Edit: actually I've just updated all the iframes so let me know if you notice anything different with tweets, Facebook posts, Reddit comments, etc...

Last edited:
@JoshyPHP I've had reports that Firefox 64bit fails to load twitter tweets and the the "Tracking Protection" feature apparently blocks some embeds like Twitter.

Yes, Firefox's tracking protection blocks embedded tweets. I think it blocks a lot of other things too. That's something Twitter will have to work out with Mozilla.

Reactions: Xon
Hiya JoshyPHP, thanks again for all your hard work on this plugin. I'm having a little trouble with the update that was just published. Imgur seems to be parsing oddly, it turns an imgur link into (media=imgur)gallery/code(/media), which creates a media window that seems to have the right number of thumbnail frames but fails to load any images. If I manually edit the media tag to remove the gallery/, thus making it (media=imgur)code(/media), it works as it has before.

Did I make an error in updating, perhaps? I've tried manually uploading the MediaBBCodes.php into library/s9e just to make sure it got there, and then rerunning the update, but new links seem to still parse to gallery/code. If I manually remove the "gallery/" from the URL, so that the link I post is simply http imgur.com/code, that also seems to parse and display correctly.

I don't run into the same problem here when posting the links, so I'm sure I did something to muck it up. Any suggestions as to where to start to try to un-muck it would be appreciated.

Top Bottom