s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I don't know if this is a problem you can fix but lets say a thread has a few Tweets embedded, when you load the thread the page jumps around like crazy while the tweets load off-screen.

It drives me nuts, is there a way to fix this?

Ooohh, just found the "Defer loading embedded content" option you have in the addon, that's exactly what I needed. Let me see if that works.

Yes, I was about to suggest that. Jumping content is usually due to embeds whose dimensions aren't known in advance so as they load fully and take up more space, the content below gets pushed down. If you defer their loading it doesn't really fix that issue but it limits it to the currently visible screen so it's less of a bother.

Go to your admin panel in Home > Options > s9e Media Pack, there's a "Performance" option with two settings:
  • Load embedded content immediately
  • Defer loading embedded content until it's visible (experimental)
Whichever it is, try the other. It might help.

@JoshyPHP

Does this work on the new Xenforo 2.0
And/Or is there planned support for this once the official support XF 2.0 comes?

If the author or anyone knows the answer that would be great!

This add-on is for XenForo 1.5. The add-on will need to be completely rewritten for XenForo 2.0 but it will support the same media sites. There is no fixed schedule at the moment but I am aiming to release it shortly after XenForo 2.0 becomes official and supported.

I would also like to add that donations are always welcome and if you do donate, you can show your interest by leaving a message with it. (links are on the add-on's description)

I got a report from a member that instagram pics ands vids are very large (iphone with safari browser) and when trying to scroll under it gives a white screen. So he can't see the rest of a thread when instragram media is posted.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
when trying to scroll under it gives a white screen

The white space seems to be where the video should be but isn't. I've about issues with Instagram on iOS but I don't have a device to reproduce it on and it works fine via iOS emulators so I don't know what could cause that. Try editing the Embed HTML field of the Instagram media site and replace it with either of those, see if it helps.

Code:
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/instagram.min.html#{$id}" style="border:0;height:240px;max-width:640px;width:100%"></iframe>

Code:
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/instagram.min.html#{$id}" style="border:0;height:640px;max-height:99vh;max-width:640px;width:100%"></iframe>

It worked partially. The dimensions are correct now and he can scroll below the media but can't see the media. He can see the name and press play and also hear it,

I tried it again today on iOS simulator and on an iPhone 5 and both displayed the videos normally. Try gathering as many details as possible and maybe a pattern will emerge but otherwise I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Possibly relevant details:
  • iPhone version
  • iOS version
  • Device orientation
  • Any web-related or Instagram-related app installed?
  • Tapatalk installed?
If Safari has something of an error console maybe look for an error message or something that would give us a clue. You can also try contacting Instagram with the exact iPhone/iOS version and they may have heard of something like that. In my experience it almost never produces any results though.

Attachments

• screenshot1.webp
    screenshot1.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
  • screenshot2.webp
    screenshot2.webp
    23 KB · Views: 2
- iPhone 7 (16gb)
- IOS 11.1.2 (15b202)
- Same in landscape mode

But then he deleted cookies and website data in his browser, this fixed the problem ;)

but I am aiming to release it shortly after XenForo 2.0 becomes official and supported.
looks like xenforo surprised everyone. i was hoping to wait till the release of this extension but i guess that would take a while. looking forward to your updates on this and thanks for all the great work you have been doing with s9e all this time!

PS: One question though. I noticed on my test install that XF2 backend shows all the media embeds S9E added in the official list. I tried embedding YouTube and it did not embed properly. Just a link was posted. I wonder if you would be able to suggest how I can get future embeds to work in the meantime using internal XF2 support while still keeping the option to get old embeds work whenever you are able to port S9E to XF2. The addon itself is disabled by XF2 but the embed code for YouTube show references to S9E. It is pretty much locked and embeds are not working.

Last edited:
Uninstalling this add-on on XenForo 1.x will reinstall the default site definitions, then the upgrade will happen normally. Do note that the XenForo 2.0 media sites may not be compatible with embeds created with this add-on and may not display them correctly.

Uninstalling this add-on on XenForo 1.x will reinstall the default site definitions, then the upgrade will happen normally. Do note that the XenForo 2.0 media sites may not be compatible with embeds created with this add-on and may not display them correctly.

Please let me know that s9 database table name?

Top Bottom