s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
alright. so based on your post, this is what i get.

if i want to upgrade to xf2 right now, i should uninstall s9e before running the upgrade system. on doing this, older embeds not compatible with xf2's internal system would (most likely) stop working. but after migration, xenforo2 would handle embeds for new links supported by it in new posts.

i would give this a test in coming days. i have no idea on your progress with xf2 version. but would still like to ask...
1. s9e for xf2 whenever it is released would process the older codes it created on xf1 right?
2. what would happen to the the media links posted on xf2 after migration. would they be processed by s9e as well?

i suppose it is too early to answer these queries 👻

Here's a concrete example; Let's say you want to post a link to this specific timestamp in this riveting ad for YouTube's app:
Code:
https://youtu.be/9FWIG_c6PfI?t=22

If you're currently using this add-on on XenForo 1.5 you will get this code:
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]id=9FWIG_c6PfI;t=22[/MEDIA]

If you're using XenForo 2.0 with the default YouTube site you will get this code:
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]9FWIG_c6PfI:22[/MEDIA]

The first code will work correctly in 1.5 with this add-on but it won't work in either version without this add-on. The second code will work on 2.0 with or without the upcoming update to this add-on.

Note that if you post a link to the video without a timestamp, the media code is the same with or without this add-on.

I wanted to try to modify the layout of the amazon links. The box is more skyscraper and I wanted something more leaderboard or just tall and wide.

how would I do this? Is it possible?

There are no ways that I would recommend using right now. Do you know for a fact that there are other embed formats? If so could you post an example of it? As far as I know, this is the only product embed and its size is fixed.

Alright, I can live with broken timestamps in YouTube. Can you guys please tell me if the following will work in XF 2.0 if I uninstall the s9e addon before upgrading?

- reddit comments
- tweets
- imgur
- YouTube videos without timestamps

I think that's 99% of the embeds on my forum. Maybe I can fix the YouTube timestamps manually if everything else works.

Alright, I can live with broken timestamps in YouTube. Can you guys please tell me if the following will work in XF 2.0 if I uninstall the s9e addon before upgrading?

- reddit comments
- tweets
- imgur
- YouTube videos without timestamps

I think that's 99% of the embeds on my forum. Maybe I can fix the YouTube timestamps manually if everything else works.

oie_0GykzMNcAf89.webp

well one way would be to create a test post here and create media links for all the domains you need supported.
then compare the embed code generated by xf2 and s9e. if the code is same, they should work on xf2. otherwise not.

--

this is for joshy. telegram has just launched embed code for posts in public groups. just wanted to ping you about the same. if you think it would make for a useful addition to s9e in future.

sample link:
Code:
http://t.me/telegram/81

embed code:
Code:
<script async src="https://telegram.org/js/telegram-widget.js" data-telegram-post="telegram/81" data-width="100%"></script>

woo. i would probably upgrade once you release the update. i doubt any of the other add-ons i need would even get released for xf2 in near future. the one i really need is auto-updating recent activity page. would check if something is out for it yet. cheerio!

Top Bottom