s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I tried their embed script and it didn't work for some reason. Either way, that site's audience is too small for it to be included in this pack. If you look up XenForo's media site tutorial, you may be able to add it to your own forum yourself. If you want to commission it as a paid job, you can send me a pm and I'll look into making a custom add-on for it. Otherwise, if you right click on the video you can get its URL in most browser. You should be able to post it in your forums if you install a generic video player. It won't include the slides though.

Like it, hope you can help me..
If you send me the URL of a public album that can be embedded I'll consider it but it doesn't look good.

Seems pasting a Amazon product link causes it to parse as media.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBXQ9K2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00DPJBT9E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JBGGTZMNV4R898HC9KB

That links ends up being
Code:
[MEDIA=amazon]B00OBXQ9K2[/MEDIA]
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBXQ9K2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00DPJBT9E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JBGGTZMNV4R898HC9KB

Members on one of the sites I work on have requested embedding be added for sqor.com.

Sqor has been mentionned before. Since then its Alexa rank fell to 115,708th worldwide (36,464th in the U.S) and I don't see it ever bouncing back, although I'd love to be wrong about that. Still, the biggest hurdle is that to support Sqor I'd need to host/maintain a third party iframe as I do for Twitter.

If someone wants to sponsor Sqor's inclusion, I will consider it but otherwise I'll have to decline. Do note that Sqor only offers a way to embed individual posts, not whole profiles.

any chance to add disclose tv, global popular multimedia and news hub dedicated to unusual and unexplained phenomena http://www.disclose.tv/

Disclose.tv has been mentionned before but its audience is relatively small and not expanding. At the moment, I don't intend to add it. I have looked at their markup and it seems simple enough that if you follow XenForo's media site tutorial, you should be able to add it to your own forum yourself.

Do you know if that bbcode also includes the twitch stream/video too or is it just the chat?

It's just the chat, so you'd have to use a media BBCode for the video and a custom video for the chat next to it.

Is there a way, that once you uncheck categories from the options screen, that it only shows the sites from your enabled categories on the embed media screen? I only have music and movies checked, but still see this on the embed modal:

upload_2016-1-3_12-58-41.webp

Great addon!

One issue I ran into today, want to make sure I am using it correctly. I had removed the video category under options as I did not want all the ones in there except the ones that were default to xenforo.

When I unchecked those, it actually overwrote and removed the default xenforo ones as well. I had to go back in and add back youtube and facebook using my dev server entries. Is that by design that it overwrote, then removed without restoring the old existing xenforo entries?

@CreationNation Yes. Some sites come preconfigured with XenForo (YouTube, etc...) but they have no special status. This add-on overwrites some of them and when they're removed from the add-on they don't come back unless you reinstall them manually. The only exception is when this add-on is uninstalled, the add-on automatically reinstalls the preconfigured sites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom