s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Awesome, you rock! I'll see about donating some more next month! And yes it works perfectly now. Gotta go thru all the old posts and update them. lol

HI, for some reason members don't see the Amazon product associated with a link, but I can. I couldn't find any "permission" setting.

Here is the Amazon setting I have, using ver. b756e94f04de27ac6d21f38aa9eeedd2.webp

Am I missing something?
fe6aeb6e2b4c844a959fc900317aac02.webp

4009344f8e27533310d7720d0e85b790.webp

Thanks!

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Improved responsive embeds

Responsive embeds have been improved. From now on, every embed is responsive and scales down on small screen. Embeds with a variable ratio such as Twitch videos or Instagram should be pixel-perfect at any screen size.

The default size for videos has been increased to 640 × 480. Support for custom dimensions has been removed. Individual embeds can be resized in CSS using the [data-s9e-mediaembed] attribute selector.

If you like this update and want to support the continued development of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

640x480 is going to be an issue because I have a right aligned ad block in the first post of the thread. :D

Can you give me a quick code that I can add in Extra CSS template to resize these embeds?

@OperaManiac That should do it:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 560px !important; }

Or if you want to target a specific embed:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube"] { max-width: 560px !important; }

"The default size for videos has been increased to 640 × 480. Support for custom dimensions has been removed. Individual embeds can be resized in CSS using the [data-s9e-mediaembed] attribute selector."

What CSS template file do I edit and how?

640 x 480 is way too big for my default. Maybe if you could add a place where everyone could set that default (or max dimensions) within the ACP?

In the meantime how do I change this?

Thanks...

What CSS template file do I edit and how?

Go to the admin panel, enter EXTRA.css in the search box (top right) then add this to the text box and save:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 560px !important; }

640 x 480 is way too big for my default. Maybe if you could add a place where everyone could set that default (or max dimensions) within the ACP?

In what way is it too big? If that's a layout issue can you link me to a page that shows it or post a screenshot please?

Ok, I went into EXTRA.css and added the lines below, but there is a problem.

[data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 400px !important; }
[data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-height: 300px !important; }

I had my video embeds limited to 400px for the width and 300px for the height. That was done because I have in-line image attachments set to 300px x 300px max and I don't want video embeds much larger than those. It's a desktop PC cosmetic appearance thing when members post videos and images within the same posts, etc. I don't want huge videos with small image attachments because it looks really bad.

Anyway, the problem is now the video height is less than 300px (where I have it set) so the videos look too narrow. They are coming out 400px for the width, but less than 300px for the height so how to fix this?

Thanks...

They are coming out 400px for the width, but less than 300px for the height so how to fix this?

The short answer is you can't because the markup is set to preserve the video aspect, 16:9. 400px width will give you 225px height.

You could manually override the aspect ratio of a player but that's not something I recommend or support. If my math is right, you can try adding the following to your CSS:
Code:
div[data-s9e-mediaembed]>div { padding-bottom: 75% !important; }

@JoshyPHP I've just upgraded to the latest version and I now have three problems.

Centring video problem
The first one is that any videos which are centred in a post (which I do at times for presentation purposes) cause the video to be pushed to the right side of the post and the right is cut off:

upload_2015-9-25_12-54-51.webp

You can test that here:

http://www.seniorgamers.net/threads/minecraft-story-mode-hits-ps4-and-ps3-next-month.2468/

XFMG video tops cut off
Secondly, in XFMG videos are being chopped off at the top and there is a larger gap at the bottom between the video and the author details and controls as you can see here:

upload_2015-9-25_12-58-36.webp

I have currently fixed the second one by adding the following to the top of xengallery_media_view.css

Code:
.mediaContainer .videoContainer div {
margin-top: 0;
}

Server Error
Thirdly, I have just received this server error:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected ';' - library/s9e/MediaBBCodes.php:1367
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(98) "http://www.seniorgamers.net/threads/is-this-what-playing-an-arcade-game-felt-like-as-a-child.2462/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Looking at the time of the error, that was around the time that I carried out the upgrade so I don't know if it's a one-off?

Thanks for the detailed report, I'll try to publish an update later today. In the meantime, you can add the following to your CSS as a temporary fix for some of the issues.
Code:
.videoContainer>[data-s9e-mediaembed]
{
    max-width: 100% !important;
}
[data-s9e-mediaembed]>div>iframe
{
    left: 0;
}

Looking at the time of the error, that was around the time that I carried out the upgrade so I don't know if it's a one-off?[/USER]
It looks like it, yes. There's no ';' at line 1367 so I guess it happened while you were uploading the new version. Theorically, the correct way to update files is to upload them to a temporary directory and then move them to the correct destination to make the operation atomic. However, it's super boring and no one actually does that unless it's their job. If your server supports SFTP, WinSCP's author says it supports atomic uploads via SFTP.

@Martok It took less time than I thought so I published an update right away. I quickly tested it locally and it seems to work fine but I don't normally use XFMG so I wouldn't necessarily notice if something's amiss. Please update and check it out for yourself, thanks. :)

Thanks for the info. I'm a Mac user and use Cyberduck which I don't think supports this.

@Martok It took less time than I thought so I published an update right away. I quickly tested it locally and it seems to work fine but I don't normally use XFMG so I wouldn't necessarily notice if something's amiss. Please update and check it out for yourself, thanks. :)
Thanks for the speedy update! I've now updated and this has fixed everything. Thank you. :D

Top Bottom