s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Thank you for a great addon. However, the Imgur integration is implemented incorrectly. Imgur provides several kinds of links, 3 of which are usable on forums: Share link, Direct, and BBCode (Forums).

I agree that when a Share link is used in a post, then the image should be embedded, including a link to the Imgur page, with an Imgur logo, etc.

However, when a user uses a "direct" link, the addon should either turn it into a BBCode/Forums link or just leave it alone as a URL. Instead, the addon turns it into the same as a "Share" link, which adds the unnecessary Imgur logo, etc, but the worst of all is that it uses javascript to display a plain image, which slows down performance on mobile browsers and unnecessarily wastes battery for mobile users.

Another unfortunate side effect is that if the forum owner turns off the add-on in the future, all image links will be ruined.

I hope you make an adjustment to address this issue.

I'm loving this add-on so far. But one thing I noticed, I think the forum has slowed down just a tad in general. Is this real or am I just imagining things?

Definitely slows down on the iOS version of Chrome (tested on an iPhone 6). Whenever you browse a thread with an embedded Reddit or Imgur post, things come to a screeching halt.

Edit: @JoshyPHP sent you a PM. Thanks!

Whenever you browse a thread with an embedded Reddit or Imgur post, things come to a screeching halt.

Do you have an URL for such a thread? I'd like to see it in action to determine whether I can do anything about it.

That said, if you embed many videos or third party content on the same page, it will be slower than if the page had only text.

@JoshyPHP I think the Daily Show code might need updating now that the show name has changed.

Actually it was a regression bug on my part. XenForo encodes ":" when used in video IDs and Comedy Central servers don't like it. I used to have a workaround for that issue until recently when I accidentally removed it. It's now fixed.

Definitely slows down on the iOS version of Chrome (tested on an iPhone 6). Whenever you browse a thread with an embedded Reddit or Imgur post, things come to a screeching halt.

I have updated the iframes used to embed Reddit comments and Imgur content. It may help in your case but I don't have a Chrome/iOS combo to test it on so it's basically a stab in the dark.
I have updated the add-on to ignore links to static images. (links that end in ".jpg" or ".png")

That's a different issue. I have added support for embedding full episodes as well as video clips in the latest update.

I have updated the iframes used to embed Reddit comments and Imgur content. It may help in your case but I don't have a Chrome/iOS combo to test it on so it's basically a stab in the dark.

Thank you very much for responding to the feedback. I will test and report back.

I have updated the add-on to ignore links to static images. (links that end in ".jpg" or ".png")
I didn't mean to suggest that the add-on should ignore static images. The add-on can still automate embedding them, but at least in the case of Imgur, it makes more sense to minimize resource usage (by avoiding iframes and javascript) and simply add the img BBcode around static links.

Top Bottom