s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Important update incoming

In the upcoming week, I will release an update that overhauls responsive embeds. On the technical side, it will simplify the PHP code. On the user side, it will further improve how embeds scale down on mobile, allowing pixel-perfect layouts even with layouts with a variable ratio. If you've had troubles with how one of the embeds supported by this add-on scales down on mobile, post about it and I'll look into it.

The upcoming update will permanently turn on responsive embeds and will increase the default size of most embeds to 640 × 360. The options related to embeds' dimensions (maximum width and custom dimensions) will be removed. It will still be possible to set a custom width in CSS, but the add-on will not provide an interface for it.

Catching up and custom development

I went back and looked through the last few pages to reply to requests I had not addressed yet. If I haven't replied to your post and it's not below, it means I missed it. Please repost it and I'll reply asap. If you want to sponsor the development of a feature that has not been covered or that has been declined, please send me a private message and I'll reply the same day.

@JoshyPHP Hello, Can you add Allocine in you add-ons is like IMDb for french user ? Thanks you

Can you post an example of the kind of links you'd want embedded please?

@JoshyPHP -- can you add vidmax.com please?

I looked into it but their audience seems too small to be added as a default site.

I'd recommend adding support for Giphy.

That makes sense. I'll look into it asap. [Edit: as it turns out, Giphy's API Terms of Service are difficult to satisfy and may require too much work to be included in this add-on.]

Don't know if it is possible but it would be nice to have Google Play blocks :)
http://developer.android.com/distribute/tools/promote/linking.html#OpeningDetails

It doesn't look like it, no.

I have renewed interest in this. A question, if you can get it to work, will it change *existing* posts?

It will not replace old links with embedded videos, no. I looked at Google Drive links on Reddit but all I found were unpopular links that were either résumés or adult-themed videos. Furthermore, it seems that videos can only be played a fixed number of times a day and become unplayable once that limit is reached.

Last edited:
It will not replace old links with embedded videos, no. I looked at Google Drive links on Reddit but all I found were unpopular links that were either résumés or adult-themed videos. Furthermore, it seems that videos can only be played a fixed number of times a day and become unplayable once that limit is reached.
Hmm....I wasn't aware of any such limit. I have a lot of videos people posted on my forums and no one has mentioned them becoming unplayable.

Do you still think it can be done tho? I'd be more than happy to re-do all my links if they will auto-embed. Thanks!

Do you still think it can be done tho? I'd be more than happy to re-do all my links if they will auto-embed. Thanks!

I'm still unsure but I think I will add it. The content is heterogeneous, it differs in size and purpose so I still have to figure out how to display it properly.

I tested it, and it produced a blank post. Upon editing the post, I do see the "media" tags surrounding it, but the video is not displaying. :(

Thank you both for your support. :)

I tested it, and it produced a blank post. Upon editing the post, I do see the "media" tags surrounding it, but the video is not displaying. :(
Can you send me the URL either here or in private? I'll see if I can reproduce it locally.

Top Bottom