s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I am guessing ebay.in does not have support for embedding like ebay.com?

I don't know. I'm looking for information about eBay To Go in India and the only link I found was... yours. :LOL:

Currently I only test the U.S., U.K., France and Germany sites. I'll try to other versions and remove those that don't work.

As for HTTPS, normally I use a protocol-relative URL (a URL that uses the same scheme as your forum's) but I don't think the eBay widget works over HTTPS.

Haha. Too bad I cannot apparently disable one particular media code from XenForo backend. There is no checkbox like I have for add-ons. I would have to remove it after every update? And yes, protocol relative URLs are great. Has come very handy after I switched to HTTPS few weeks ago. I try to use them as much as possible these days as well.

Thanks for all the help!

Yes, you'd have to remove it after each update. I'm thinking about adding a setting to act as a blacklist of media sites not to be installed from this add-on, but I haven't got to it yet. Technically you can also pick-and-choose your own pack from this configurator, but that's still less than ideal.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Added blacklist. Removed eBay sites that don't work with eBay To Go

If you want to prevent some sites from being reinstalled, go to your admin panel and look for the option named EXCLUDE_SITES. Enter the Media Site ID of the sites you don't want to install, separated with commas. For example: ebay, eighttracks. They won't be reinstalled when you upgrade the add-on but you still have to delete them manually if they're currently installed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Is that a feature you were waiting for? If so, how do you plan to use it? Knowing how people use the add-on helps me with future development.
Absolutely! I could never get the online configurator to work, and I was forever deleting all of the sites that you'd add in/update on an almost bi-weekly basis. Assuming it works the way I think it does - by allowing me to just download the zip file, install it, and just keep my previously installed sites updated without adding ones I've blacklisted back in - then its a godsend. I can do that right from my ACP and be done with it. For reference, here's how many sites I was deleting every time I updated:

blip, break, gametrailers, gamespot, gist, googlesheets, ign, indiegogo, internetarchive, izlesene, kickstarter, pastebin, podbean, slideshare, prezi, rutube, metacafe, traileraddict, twitch, ustream, viagame, strawpoll, vk, vevo, yahooscreen

Yup. Looks like WSHH changed their stuff (they changed the identifiers used to embed videos.) Your old embeds won't work anymore, not sure if there's anything we can do about that. The site still carries the old links so perhaps it's only temporary.

I'm going to release an update that makes new embeds work, but for the old ones you'd have to re-embed the links to make them work.

On a side note, I have an ongoing project to proactively test media sites and detect when they break but it's time consuming and not entirely reliable. (because sites themselves are not always reliable) You can see it at https://github.com/s9e/MediaWatch -- So far I've covered most sites from A to V. WorldStarHipHop barely missed the cut. :LOL:

Top Bottom