s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Updated Twitter and Rutube

Read this if you have used this add-on to post tweets.

Previously, tweets were stored using this form:
Code:
[MEDIA=tweet]https://twitter.com/BarackObama/statuses/266031293945503744[/MEDIA]
Now they are stored as the following:
Code:
[MEDIA=twitter]266031293945503744[/MEDIA]

If you have posted tweets with the old code, you'll need to update the posts. If you don't want to do it manually, I recommend using this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Added support for custom Amazon associate tag

How to customize your Amazon associate tag

Go to the admin panel, search for "Amazon Product" in the top right and edit the Media Site's "Embed HTML". For example, if your Amazon associate tag is "foo-20":
Code:
<!-- AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG=foo-20 -->
<!-- s9e_MediaBBCodes::renderAmazon() -->
The bad news is you'll have to do that every time you update.

If you're using the online configurator,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just saw the amazon support! I will be switching when I have time soon!!! Expect a donation to head your way.

With zero information there's an infinite number of possible explanations, but if you post the URLs that don't work I will try to reproduce it on my side.

I searched for examples of Foursquare pages being embedded but I couldn't find any. Some people seem to use their map, but that's all. Embed.ly doesn't seem to use it in a meaningful way, and Foursquare themselves don't seem to offer any kind of embeddable content.

I will make a last pass in the upcoming days and give a more definite answer for the sites/requests I haven't addressed or fulfilled but it doesn't look good for Foursquare I'm afraid. You may want to consider creating a custom BBCode to load the full Foursquare page in an iframe if that's what you're looking for.

Question: I need to disable the ebay media site, and it's been installed for a while. So how do I change everyone's links in their posts from
Code:
[MEDIA=ebay]itemid=271483348559[/MEDIA]
to a regular ebay link? I have the "find and replace" addon but am a newb when it comes to regex. :notworthy:

I need to disable it because 1) I don't think I'll get referral revenue from Skimlinks with the ebay flash widget taking place of links, and 2) it doesn't work on any mobile apple (flash).

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I haven't tested it, but I'd expect the following to work:
Code:
        Quick Find: =ebay
Regular expression: (\[media=ebay\]itemid=(\d+)\[/media\])i
Replacement String: http://www.ebay.com/itm/$1

I'd recommend trying it on a single post and see if that's what you're looking for before changing everything in your forums.

@puropedia: I've given a final look at Foursquare and Pinterest. Foursquare specifically forbids its content from being embedded via an iframe. Even if you made a custom BBCode for it, it would remain blank. At this point, there is no realistic way to embed their content. I've looked into Pinterest, but they don't provide a way to embed their content. That means I won't add either of those to this pack, sorry.

It only embeds videos from CNBC's gallery. If you post a link to an article, it stays a link even if the article includes a video. If you want to embed the video itself, you need to use the link to the video. In your example, if you click the "Share" button in CNBC's player it gives you the link to the video: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000278252 -- That link can then be used to embed the video alone.

Top Bottom