s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
@Rambro I was about to type "I think I got it" but then I realized that I hadn't actually looked at the screenshot you posted and I fixed a different bug. :ROFLMAO: I thought it wasn't resized correctly (on Firefox it was consistently short a few pixels) but your screenshot seems to indicate that it's not resized at all. What version of Firefox did you use in this screenshot? Also, what device and/or OS was that? The bad news is that it works fine on my Firefox 29 so I have no clue what's wrong with yours right now.
29.1. It very well could be related to one of the add-on's I'm using though.

Not really but this would be better handled by a custom BBCode anyway. Just create a custom BBCode for a generic video tag.

I've looked into Amazon but I haven't been able to find an official documentation about creating product links (which I believe is what the iframe thing is, what they call a "product link") that does not require an associate account.

Yes, specific tweets only. If you meant you can not find the URL, you can get it by right-clicking the date of the tweet.

I don't think it can be used to display the latest tweets of an account, but it might be a feature I'm not aware of.
I believe it does require an associate account. I am an associate and can get you whatever info you need.

@Rho Delta can you post a product link that carries your associate tag please? Also, I'm open to suggestions as to how to deal with associate tags. For example: should the embed code carry the associate tag that appears in the original link or should it be overridden by a global tag set by the admin? That kind of stuff. Obviously, ideally there would be an option somewhere to enter your own tag and decide whether or not to override users' tags, but that I don't know if and when I'll be able to implement that.

Nice add on - Vimeo does not seem to work, Mac, Safari -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit - oh - I didn't know Xenforo had the BBcode for Vimeo. (y)

Nice add on - Vimeo does not seem to work, Mac, Safari -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit - oh - I didn't know Xenforo had the BBcode for Vimeo. (y)
FYI- When trying to add the video when editing the post, it doesn't seem to work for some reason. It works if adding regularly, not under an edit.

@tommydamic68 I'm on Linux and I can't quite replicate that behaviour. I've tried posting a link directly, previewing it, editing a post and previewing while editing. I tried raw URLs and inserting the media via the editor's button.

The Vimeo BBCode in this pack isn't conceptually different from the one that's bundled with XenForo, they should work the same. I think the only difference is that the bundled definition uses https:// whereas the one in this pack uses a schemeless URL. Perhaps it makes a difference with regard to mixed content on Safari, but otherwise I'm afraid I'm stumped as to why it doesn't work for you.

Linking Twitter has some issues. When copying and pasting a url it's not showing up at all. Also, when trying to copy and paste the url only there's an error, "Please enter a valid message."

Can you describe what you did exactly? The URL you used, what buttons you pressed, etc... And also I'd need to know what browser/OS you use.

Can you describe what you did exactly? The URL you used, what buttons you pressed, etc... And also I'd need to know what browser/OS you use.
I just copy and paste the Twitter URL such as, https://twitter.com/CNN/status/468164258392727552, and the post says "Please enter a valid message." I add a random character after the post so that I can make the actual post. When the post is made there's no Twitter iframe visible. It links but nothing shows. Tried in Firefox and Chrome.

I can't reproduce that behaviour locally. The error message "Please enter a valid message." is especially weird because I don't know what would trigger it. What's the content of the post that has no Twitter iframe visible if you edit it?

Try using the Media button in the editor, see what it gives you. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the pack and XenForo, just in case. And look in your admin panel, perhaps there's a server error logged?

It puts the media wrapper around it [ MEDIA=twitter ]468164258392727552[ /MEDIA ]

I'm on 1.3.1. I haven't upgraded to 1.3.2 yet.

Ok, you must be using another Twitter add-on. Disable it and it should work. The BBCode for this URL should be
Code:
[MEDIA=tweet]https://twitter.com/CNN/status/468164258392727552[/MEDIA]

Originally I chose to name the media site "tweet" instead of the obvious name "twitter" to not interfere with EQNoble's Twitter MediaSite BBcode, as the two BBCodes use different formats. Now I see that it might be more confusing than it is helpful.

Since the first release a few days ago I have found a way to be compatible with EQNoble's Twitter MediaSite BBcode and use only the tweet's ID number rather than the full URL so I intend to retire the "tweet" media site and replace it with a "twitter" media site compatible with EQNoble's. I expect to release an update soon.

Last edited:
You are correct. I was using another one prior. I disabled it when I installed yours. It turns out it needed to be uninstalled.

Josh, I see there's an Amazon Affiliate BB code in this pack. It it possible to have the associate ID attached to it so all links have an associate ID?

Not at the moment, but I intend to make it configurable via the admin panel. I expect to get to it later this week.

Top Bottom