s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Got a new one for you. I was trying to copy pasta this Vox article on Net Neutrality:

I looked into it but those videos come as part of their articles. If I turn links to Vox into videos, some people are going to miss out on the article. I'll have to pass for now but I'll reconsider if the site becomes popular.

And, back to eBay again. This link doesn't work:

The update should take care of that.

Also, it seems that I can't link to an eBay item now without it embedding as media, even if I don't use the video code. Is that a Xenforo thing?

Yes. There's an option to disable it somewhere. There's also an option to keep the link in addition to embedding its content.

I looked into it but those videos come as part of their articles. If I turn links to Vox into videos, some people are going to miss out on the article. I'll have to pass for now but I'll reconsider if the site becomes popular.

The update should take care of that.

Yes. There's an option to disable it somewhere. There's also an option to keep the link in addition to embedding its content.
Nice work. Long and short links both are working. Still nothing on iOS though :(

Hi @JoshyPHP,
Great work on this collection!

Just a query, note that you state that you do not include the Twitter code. Is there a reason for that?

Hi @JoshyPHP,
Great work on this collection!

Just a query, note that you state that you do not include the Twitter code. Is there a reason for that?

Iframes are currently—and by far—the best way to embed third-party content. For instance, Twitter doesn't support embedding tweets as iframes and that's the main reason it's not in this pack. If you want to embed a tweet you have to retrieve their HTML and inject their HTML into your page, then you have to run their JavaScript on your page. And whenever someone finds an exploit in Twitter, the exploit can run on your page, which is super crazy.

Is there a way to embed sites personally?
My site is in dutch so i don't think they will be included...;)

Hi @JoshyPHPJust a query, note that you state that you do not include the Twitter code. Is there a reason for that?
Partly what Martok quoted, plus another downside of Twitter not providing iframe embeds: it makes it much harder to embed their content. The embed method Twitter recommends requires you to retrieve the tweets from their side and store them in your database otherwise it can get quite slow.

With that said, I'm exploring the possibility of using Twitframe or a similar solution.

Is there a way to embed sites personally?
Maybe you can add your own site as a media site? Try the support forum, there's a tutorial for adding your own media sites somewhere.

Since you added eBay does that mean you are going to consider adding Amazon??? If so I can finally uninstall my dated package and fully change over to yours!!!

Ni i don't want my site as a media site. I want import from other media sites.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to do. Where is the content coming from and where do you want to embed it?

Since you added eBay does that mean you are going to consider adding Amazon??? If so I can finally uninstall my dated package and fully change over to yours!!!

Like for eBay, if you post a link to your forum that shows how Amazon embeds are used by your users I'll seriously consider it.

Installed, but if I disable the existing twitter BBCode addon i get

The following error occurred:

Please enter a valid message.

when posting a tweet link on it's own. if i add some text then post it I just get the text - no embedded tweet & the twitter URL is gone

edit:

fully uninstalling the other BBCode fixes this problem BUT now the old embedded tweets are gone - the [MEDIA] [/MEDIA] is there but is ignored.

Last edited:
http://oldrow.net/threads/small-things-from-amazon-that-please-you.2497/page-3

Everything before page 3 was zapped due to a bbcode update unfortunately.
I think you have a mod that prevents non-member from reading threads. Do you have a forum that's readable by guests?

Installed, but if I disable the existing twitter BBCode addon i get

when posting a tweet link on it's own. if i add some text then post it I just get the text - no embedded tweet & the twitter URL is gone
Can you link me to the Twitter BBCode addon you're using please? How did you disable it? I don't know how XenForo deals with those conflicts. If you uninstall it your old tweets will stop working, but you can disable it for new links by editing the media site and removing the "Match URLs". What happens when you click the Media button in the editor and you paste this URL?

Can you link me to the Twitter BBCode addon you're using please? How did you disable it? I don't know how XenForo deals with those conflicts. If you uninstall it your old tweets will stop working, but you can disable it for new links by editing the media site and removing the "Match URLs". What happens when you click the Media button in the editor and you paste this URL?

aha - it's this lad here http://xenforo.com/community/resources/twitter-mediasite-bbcode.1390/

reinstalled & disabled as advised and that's fixed it, thanks

is there any way to convert the old embeds to your new format?

is there any way to convert the old embeds to your new format?
A quick search found this tool. You could be used to mass-update old posts using those settings:
Code:
MEDIA=twitter
!\[MEDIA=twitter\](\d+)\[/MEDIA\]!
[MEDIA=tweet]https://twitter.com/user/status/$1[/MEDIA]

However, I wouldn't recommend doing that just yet unless you're prepared to revert the change later on if stuff happens™. The Twitter media site in this pack is still experimental and I don't know how future-proof it is, or on which browsers it will fail yet. And I might rename it too, not entirely sure about that.

A quick search found this tool. You could be used to mass-update old posts using those settings:
Code:
MEDIA=twitter
!\[MEDIA=twitter\](\d+)\[/MEDIA\]!
[MEDIA=tweet]https://twitter.com/user/status/$1[/MEDIA]

However, I wouldn't recommend doing that just yet unless you're prepared to revert the change later on if stuff happens™. The Twitter media site in this pack is still experimental and I don't know how future-proof it is, or on which browsers it will fail yet. And I might rename it too, not entirely sure about that.

great stuff, thanks

I think you have a mod that prevents non-member from reading threads. Do you have a forum that's readable by guests?

Nope its all closed, you'd have to register.

so can this plugin only retrieve specific statuses? with twitter's new layout i can find the url for a specific tweet.

is there a way to use this to post the latest tweets from my account?

Top Bottom