s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
We've had a couple reports that embedded tweets can't be viewed using IE 10/11. There are still corporate networks that use it. It turns out the problem is the user agent. Is there a way incorporate this fix into the addon?

@Buffaloed I don't know, I've just published an update with a similar workaround but I don't have a windows machine to try it out. If you have an IE 10/11 available, check it out (clear your browser cache to make sure you get the latest version) and please report whether it changes anything.

I don't have high hopes for it though, because it looks like Twitter don't support embedding on IE anymore.

@Buffaloed I don't know, I've just published an update with a similar workaround but I don't have a windows machine to try it out. If you have an IE 10/11 available, check it out (clear your browser cache to make sure you get the latest version) and please report whether it changes anything.

I don't have high hopes for it though, because it looks like Twitter don't support embedding on IE anymore.
It doesn't work with the latest version of the addon. The embed will show when the user agent string in the emulation setting in developer tools.

Normal (Default) doesn't work
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Works
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36

I tried overriding the user agent in JavaScript to that one but it doesn't seem to help. As far as I can tell, Twitter's widget code creates an iframe for the tweet but that iframe checks the user agent again and ignores IE. Since this is in a context I don't have access to, I can't override that user agent. When you change your user agent in your browser, it changes it in all contexts and that's why it works that way.

Can Spreaker and/or Mixir be added to the media sites? Thanks!

@Buffaloed I'm going to look into those later this week. I like podcast sites but there are lots of them and each new site adds to the maintenance/upkeep cost of the add-on so I'm trying to focus on those that are trending.

Yes we are using https and that makes sense, I will keep an eye out for a potential update, thanks.

On the other guys issue we had the same problem and are using the same them and here was our fix.

We needed to put an override of the iframe background color into extra.css because the frame it makes is not visible on UI.X Dark.

iframe { background-color: white; } <-- this is what we placed in extra.css and it works. We don't have an iframe anywhere else on the site as of yet so it works for us but might not for others.
you son of a gun....thank you so much!!!!

Hi @JoshyPHP , if i uninstall it , i am “losing” the links already converted ? Eg Google Drive .
I am asking because if i deactivate Google Drive embed , the links disappear . Thanks

Yes. Embeds cannot be converted back to links so if you uninstall the add-on, there's no template associated with them and they disappear. You could try creating a custom media site for Google Drive, with a custom template that recreates the link. I'm not sure whether it's feasible but it might be possible using XenForo's string manipulation functions.

Yes. Embeds cannot be converted back to links so if you uninstall the add-on, there's no template associated with them and they disappear. You could try creating a custom media site for Google Drive, with a custom template that recreates the link. I'm not sure whether it's feasible but it might be possible using XenForo's string manipulation functions.

ok , thanks.
Any css or solution to make this more small or to show only blue button or something like unfurl design :

1584527592493.webp

You can target a specific kind of embeds in CSS with something like this:

CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="googledrive"] { max-width: 280px !important; }

You can target a specific kind of embeds in CSS with something like this:

CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="googledrive"] { max-width: 280px !important; }

I have some problem /bug , when i added some link from gdrive and the file is a ZIP archive , doesn´t show it on the threads from mobile / safari on iphone 11 . 🤔
I have test it also on the default style and various styles .

I don't know, it's possible that Google Drive's layout isn't responsive or can't adapt to those dimensions. The Google Drive embed is best suited for videos, if you want to link to archives you can create an explicit link with the URL BBCode or disable the Google Drive media site.

I don't know, it's possible that Google Drive's layout isn't responsive or can't adapt to those dimensions. The Google Drive embed is best suited for videos, if you want to link to archives you can create an explicit link with the URL BBCode or disable the Google Drive media site.

Its was from permissions of that file.
I mean , if the file doesn´t have external acces/permission to download , doesn´t show it on your bbcode .

How can i revert the google drive bbcode ?
to show normal links / uninstall or revert to any template.
If i deactivate or uninstall it right now i loose thousands of threads..

Thanks.

You'd need to remove the media site then create your own custom media site with a template that recreates the original link that was transformed into a MEDIA BBCode. Maybe something like that:
Code:
<a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/{$id}/view">Google Drive</a>

Alternatively, you can disable the media site and correct old posts using this add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/post-content-find-replace.6548/

Something like this :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And delete the Google Drive media site from s9e ?

Top Bottom