XF 1.5 Remote User Modifications - API or Database?

ryladine

I was wondering where everyone else stood on the matter, I'm about to build a "panic" system for my community that will allow immediate removal of a user from all systems, and I'm planning how I want to integrate Xenforo. I could do it by directly modifying the database, but I've also seen a restful api floating around that seems like it could work.

My thoughts on the matter are that an API may be easier, but could be less reliable than direct modifications with updates potentially breaking an API entirely (Ignoring the obvious issue where those same updates could cause problems with database changes.) At the same time, with an API sending commands from external systems becomes easier.

How would you go about something of this nature? Does anyone know how Xenforo handles direct edits to its database?

Does anyone know how Xenforo handles direct edits to its database?
In general, it's something we recommend against doing, due to the amount of interconnected data, caches, etc.

It's not necessary to use a third party API if you develop your own add-on (utilising datawriters, etc.).

Top Bottom