[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

I was messing around with Raspian/Debian yesterday and was introduced to "block origin", which successfully blocked the overlay message on my site as well as ads.

It was so effective that I thought my ad server was down :oops: then realized that I slept since yesterday.

Let me know what I need to do.
Is it something that you installed on the operating system itself? it's not a browser extension?

It's ready but I'm not releasing it for now due to not having the time to support it at the moment.
If someone wants to get early access and don't mind that support/updates may take some time, contact me.
* Should mention this is not a free upgrade.

I would like to get and test it. Has the annoying permission stacking problem with "Show alert every X hours" (0/Unlimited) been solved with the new version?

I would like to get and test it. Has the annoying permission stacking problem with "Show alert every X hours" (0/Unlimited) been solved with the new version?
Hi
I sent you a PM.

About the "show alert" permission I'm not sure what is the problem you are referring you,
But in the new XF2 addon it's no longer permission based. It's a lot more flexible now.

Some examples for the flexibility:
- You can now create different alerts for different user groups
- You can have multiple alerts on the same page
- You can show the alert based on the time of the day
- You can show the alert only for users with X min/max posts
And more.

About the "show alert" permission I'm not sure what is the problem you are referring you,

Thank you for the PN. I will answer in a moment.

Regarding the permission problem, this is my post from some time ago:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rellect-adblock-detector-paid.59225/post-966293

If you read this and the following answers from you, you should remember. This is the biggest problem we have when using this add-on. Otherwise we are very satisfied. "Unlimited" and "0" needs to be reversed to be able to use this with more than 1 user group. I hope you solve this before the new version comes out (if it is not already changed).

Thank you for the PN. I will answer in a moment.

Regarding the permission problem, this is my post from some time ago:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rellect-adblock-detector-paid.59225/post-966293

If you read this and the following answers from you, you should remember. This is the biggest problem we have when using this add-on. Otherwise we are very satisfied. "Unlimited" and "0" needs to be reversed to be able to use this with more than 1 user group. I hope you solve this before the new version comes out (if it is not already changed).
The new addon no longer uses permissions, there's a new interface to manage adblock detector, so consider this solved :)

Reactions: HWS
that's true from the forum operator's point of view. the user basically gets rid of the popup and continues to use the site ad-free! even if he misses some or the other error message, the add-on's effectiveness is lost :)

that's why i had been wondering if it was possible for you to tap into the xenforo's internal User discouragement and discipline functionality. use this function for ad blocking members while showing them the message why their experience on the forum is so messed up.

probably a crazy idea though :)

that's true from the forum operator's point of view. the user basically gets rid of the popup and continues to use the site ad-free! even if he misses some or the other error message, the add-on's effectiveness is lost :)

that's why i had been wondering if it was possible for you to tap into the xenforo's internal User discouragement and discipline functionality. use this function for ad blocking members while showing them the message why their experience on the forum is so messed up.

probably a crazy idea though :)
I don't mind if a few users (if at all) will take this extreme approach, there will always be edge cases.

About the discouragement system it's not possible to do reliably, and IMO doing something like this will just make them leave the site.

We have had several members report that they have whitelisted our site or turned off their adblocker and are still getting the notices. Is this possibly a cookies issue?

We have had several members report that they have whitelisted our site or turned off their adblocker and are still getting the notices. Is this possibly a cookies issue?
In most cases this means they have multiple adblockers.
Best way to verify is asking if they can see ads on the site. If they don't this means they still have an active adblocker.

We've had a few users contact us about having disabled their adblockers but still getting a pop-up displayed to them. We believe we have isolated the issue to these users being overly privacy conscious and blocking tracking, as a lot of browsers seem to do these days.

Is there a way to distinguish between someone that isn't blocking ads, but may have only disabled cross site tracking?

We've had a few users contact us about having disabled their adblockers but still getting a pop-up displayed to them. We believe we have isolated the issue to these users being overly privacy conscious and blocking tracking, as a lot of browsers seem to do these days.

Is there a way to distinguish between someone that isn't blocking ads, but may have only disabled cross site tracking?
I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't trigger the adblock alert if only tracking codes are blocked.

Can you verify if after disabling the adblocker they can see ads on the site?

Top Bottom