[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Well, bummer.. The AdBlock Detector message is detected and blocked by AdBlock?

Isn't there some variable I can set (preferably to a GUID) to avoid adblock detection?

Well, bummer.. The AdBlock Detector message is detected and blocked by AdBlock?

Isn't there some variable I can set (preferably to a GUID) to avoid adblock detection?
I'll need more information. What specific extension and browser do you use?
Also you can try a different alert type in the settings and see if it works.

I'll need more information. What specific extension and browser do you use?
Also you can try a different alert type in the settings and see if it works.
I'm using the latest version of chrome with AdBlock Plus (which does the blocking, since the adblock detector is shown when deactivating AdBlock Plus) and Ghostery.

Alert type is "Floating Message".

I'm using the latest version of chrome with AdBlock Plus (which does the blocking, since the adblock detector is shown when deactivating AdBlock Plus) and Ghostery.

Alert type is "Floating Message".
I think the "Overlay" option should work in this case, can you try?

I think the "Overlay" option should work in this case, can you try?
I'll try that later today, although I don't prefer this method... Isn't there some way, for example, for Admins to specify variables about the element naming to prevent detection of anti AdBlock blockers? I've seen some solutions around somewhere

I'll try that later today, although I don't prefer this method... Isn't there some way, for example, for Admins to specify variables about the element naming to prevent detection of anti AdBlock blockers? I've seen some solutions around somewhere
Please PM me your site URL and the email you paid with, I'll try to help.

Was anything resolved on the Adguard Adblocker? I have users telling each other that they use Adguard and bypass the Rellect ad blocker and also block ads.

Is the problem identifying the AB, or successfully taking action against it? If action, option to set user secondary user group? An admin could have some fun with that.
The problem is only detecting adblockers and avoid false positives. Taking action is the easy part.

About adding adblocker users to a specific user group - for a long time I promised to add this feature but at this point, I think it's time to announce it won't happen. And not because I didn't try.
It's simply impossible to sync the adblock status in the database in a reliable way.
Users use multiple browsers, with and without adblockers.. for example, you have adblocker on your desktop browser but not on your mobile browser. It's always a race to keep the data in sync. And that's only one situation to consider, there are many more.
For a long time I tried to solve all the problems, but eventually, I can't guarantee its effectiveness and reliability so unfortunately decided to drop the idea.

Top Bottom