[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

rellect updated [rellect] AdBlock Detector with a new update entry:

v1.4.0

1. The detection code has been improved and optimized.

2. Css fixes and improvements. Fixed the forced red color of the close icon in firefox.

3. Added opening and closing effects to few alert types.

4. Removed the xen-tooltip that was attached to the close button (wasn't really needed).

5. The default alert type is now the floating message for new installations (previously was the overlay). This is, in addition to the message change from the last update, in order to get a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm having issues with the mailing system right now, a request to send the mails was made but you probably will receive it only in few hours.
Just want to remind that the download link is always the same, per order. Find one of the old mails and download the update from the link there.
If you can't find it, please contact me and I'll send you your download link.
* The issue should not affect new orders.

I'm apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi
Running old 1.1.3 forum.
Anyway to get this addon working with it ?
Thanks
I will verify it and let you know soon.
There's nothing in the addon that requires xf1.2 (if I'm not mistaken), but I never tested that in 1.1.x.

Thank you
I may test for you as i just purchased the script
but do not know where to modify the compatibility control.

It displays an error :
(translation from french) : please specify a value of 75 character minimum

It displays an error :
(translation from french) : please specify a value of 75 character minimum
I've been able to tweak few things to make it work, mostly needed to adjust few js functions as the jquery version in xf1.1 is pretty old.
I uploaded a beta version, you may download it using your download link from the last email.
Let me know if there are issues.

I am having no luck with getting this add-on running. Permissions set up correctly and used the "Analyze Permissions" option to make sure. I've tried all the different alert types. Tried with the white list on and off. Tried to turn off all other add-ons to see if there was a conflict. No luck with any of this. Tried with Chrome/ABP and Firefox/ABP and ABE while using an account in each of my usergroups and I'm still not getting the alert to pop up.

I do have some templates that are outdated but there is currently nothing I can do with that. Hoping that is not the reason or there will be a work around for that.

I have tried the stable release along with the beta btw. I have also fully uninstalled and restalled several times on each version of the add-on.

Any ideas?

I am having no luck with getting this add-on running. Permissions set up correctly and used the "Analyze Permissions" option to make sure. I've tried all the different alert types. Tried with the white list on and off. Tried to turn off all other add-ons to see if there was a conflict. No luck with any of this. Tried with Chrome/ABP and Firefox/ABP and ABE while using an account in each of my usergroups and I'm still not getting the alert to pop up.

I do have some templates that are outdated but there is currently nothing I can do with that. Hoping that is not the reason or there will be a work around for that.

I have tried the stable release along with the beta btw. I have also fully uninstalled and restalled several times on each version of the add-on.

Any ideas?
There are few more reasons that could lead to that. For example, I had a case that server related thing changed the order of javascript in the page.
I can tell you few things to check, but to save you and me time, it be faster if I could look at your site myself.
I'll need just the url of the site, and screenshot of the permission analyzation of the guests group.
You can send me in private if needed. No admin access is necessary at this point.

How do I analyze permissions of guest users? It forces me to enter a username in the Analyze Permissions settings.

Here is a screenshot of a registered user's permission analyzation.

View attachment 87997

Forum link: http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/
Ok, so from quick look there is no trace of the adblock detector in the source code.
Please open the template PAGE_CONTAINER and see if you have this line
HTML:
<xen:include template="page_container_js_body" />

Additionally, I will suggest to switch to the default style (install it if it's removed), just to test if that's related.

Code:
</footer>

<!--XenBase Current Version : @xb_parent_version -->
<!--Style Version : @xb_style_version -->

It's in there.

Switched to the default style.

Code:
</footer>

<!--XenBase Current Version : @xb_parent_version -->
<!--Style Version : @xb_style_version -->

It's in there.

Switched to the default style.
That's funny, I have no idea how but I accidently got into a wrong address and checked there.
I just saw that this is not the URL you've posted.

The detection code seems to be in place, but the js files are missing.
http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/js/rellect/AdblockDetector/advertisement.js
http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/js/rellect/AdblockDetector/handler.min.js

Top Bottom