[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

rellect updated [rellect] Adblock Detector with a new update entry:

v1.0.3

A new alert type is now available.

I got few feedbacks that the current overlay alert is too aggressive for their site. So I've added a new alert type (floating message) which is more friendlier.

View attachment 68357

This message will follow you while you scrolling so you'll always be aware of that.

The overlay alert is still available, and you can switch between the types in the options page.

Note that in the overlay type, if user doesn't have permission to dismiss the alert, he...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not working on our sandbox installation.
Using the site as a guest with 1.3 RC1 installed. Permissions are set to

Can bypass detection: Not set (No)
Can dismiss adblock alert: Allow
Show alert every X hours: Unlimited

Adblock plus installed on Firefox and Chrome and enabled with definitions updated.
Ads are being blocked on both browsers.
No message is being displayed, either the overlay or the floating message on either browser.

Not working on our sandbox installation.
Using the site as a guest with 1.3 RC1 installed. Permissions are set to
Can bypass detection: Not set (No)
Can dismiss adblock alert: Allow
Show alert every X hours: Unlimited

Adblock plus installed on Firefox and Chrome and enabled with definitions updated.
Ads are being blocked on both browsers.
No message is being displayed, either the overlay or the floating message on either browser.
May you send me a link to your sandbox? I'll take a look.

If it's not a permission issue, it could be the js fails to load.
Check your browser's console and see if there are errors.

Can anyone provide me with a working demo? I want to try before purchase that it does the trick :)

Edit: Just bought it. Will be live on my site in the next couple of days. Just need a way to style it to my needs.

Last edited:
i just realized there is a bug..

i am on xenforo 1.3.0 and no matter how many times i dismiss the alert after refresh it comes back again even though i set it here for new members to show every 1 hours:

7NJvV.png

i just realized there is a bug..

i am on xenforo 1.3.0 and no matter how many times i dismiss the alert after refresh it comes back again even though i set it here for new members to show every 1 hours:

7NJvV.png
Please run Analyze Permissions and see if that's the value in the final calculation. Maybe you have some sub-group that overrides this value.

Also, it's probably not the reason but just to make sure, check in the browser if you enable cookies in the site.

Please run Analyze Permissions and see if that's the value in the final calculation. Maybe you have some sub-group that overrides this value.

Also, it's probably not the reason but just to make sure, check in the browser if you enable cookies in the site.
my browser is fine... and yes we do have cookies... i know it is not a sub group because my new members only belong to one group thats it
my fully registered members after the system auto upgrades them once they hit 1 day old and x many posts 1st it is set to 1 hour. new members every 30 min. 0.5 hours

i cannot run analyze atm... maybe later on today tomorow.. have some other tasks that need my attention.. or it could be my ad blocker on safari since it is still in beta i noticed it blocks some elements it suppose to... no issues with firefox though...

my browser is fine... and yes we do have cookies... i know it is not a sub group because my new members only belong to one group thats it
my fully registered members after the system auto upgrades them once they hit 1 day old and x many posts 1st it is set to 1 hour. new members every 30 min. 0.5 hours

i cannot run analyze atm... maybe later on today tomorow.. have some other tasks that need my attention.. or it could be my ad blocker on safari since it is still in beta i noticed it blocks some elements it suppose to... no issues with firefox though...
Okay let me know. By the way, I don't think you can set 0.5 hours, it will save it as 0 (if I remember correctly).

there perms tested:
7NRAT.png

and i still get alert right away after a dismiss..
The permissions seems okay. I just tested in my local installation and it works fine for 1 hour.

I guess I'll need to test it in your forum to find the problem.
Please start a conversation with me and send me the url to your forum. If possible so also an admin account to test.

Can there be a fix that the rellect adblock detector loads later, like last? To increase page speeds, I want to have scripts like this loaded last. Now it's loaded before the content loads, and I want to have it loaded after all other scripts are loaded. Or is there a simple fix how to achieve this?

Can there be a fix that the rellect adblock detector loads later, like last? To increase page speeds, I want to have scripts like this loaded last. Now it's loaded before the content loads, and I want to have it loaded after all other scripts are loaded. Or is there a simple fix how to achieve this?
Well, there is a way but it requires to edit a file. And after uploading an update, you'll need to change that again.

Edit '/library/rellect/AdblockDetector/Listener/Hook.php'
Find
PHP:
if ($hookName == 'page_container_head')
Change to
PHP:
if ($hookName == 'body')

Top Bottom