[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

refael

rellect submitted a new resource:

[rellect] Adblock Detector - Alert visitors to disable adblock.

What is 'adblock'?
Adblock is a popular extension that can be installed in the browser. Simply it knows to detect advertisements and then remove them.

How adblock affects my site?
In most sites, the only revenue comes from advertisements.
From that simple reason you don't want allow your visitors to disable the ads.
Unless your site is ads-free. In that case this addon is useless for you.

What I will get by installing...

Read more about this resource...

• Is there any kind of logfile or staticstics to see the percentage of people with/without adblocker?
  • Can we switch users with adblock to different user groups automatically (and vice versa, if they disable)?
  • Are there false positives possible (e.g. with IE users)?
  • Can we limit the detection to certain usergroups?

• Is there any kind of logfile or staticstics to see the percentage of people with/without adblocker?
  • Can we switch users with adblock to different user groups automatically (and vice versa, if they disable)?
Currently none of these features are available. But I will keep developing and add options with each new version.

Great add-on thank you. However, I only show adverts to guests and when I log in it still gives me the message that I'm blocking ads.

Great add-on thank you. However, I only show adverts to guests and when I log in it still gives me the message that I'm blocking ads.
Well I'm not checking if there are adverts in the site, just if the browser is running adblock.
In the next version there will more options, including option to exclude usergroups.

What I can advice you right now, as a temporary solution, is doing a little template edit.
Edit the template 'rellect_adblock_detector_js', wrap all in the following condition
HTML:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
// all content goes here
</xen:if>
It will apply the detector for guests only.

What I can advice you right now, as a temporary solution, is doing a little template edit.
Edit the template 'rellect_adblock_detector_js', wrap all in the following condition
HTML:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
// all content goes here
</xen:if>
It will apply the detector for guests only.

This was the closer for me, purchased!

Seeing the stats of how many adblockers are viewing the site and being able to set adblockers to a user group like "Leech" or something like that would be an added incentive to encourage them to disable adblocker.

Also can you make it so that the message only shows once a day when dismissed instead of on every page load? Lots of members were angry that it kept popping up and despite it being a simple fix on their part, I'd rather not have a barrier of entry as aggressive as this currently is.

Seeing the stats of how many adblockers are viewing the site and being able to set adblockers to a user group like "Leech" or something like that would be an added incentive to encourage them to disable adblocker.

Also can you make it so that the message only shows once a day when dismissed instead of on every page load? Lots of members were angry that it kept popping up and despite it being a simple fix on their part, I'd rather not have a barrier of entry as aggressive as this currently is.
I'm working on the next version which will be more friendly to the user. Stats system won't be included in the coming version, but it is planned for later.

Stats would be amazing to have and understandably much more difficult to code but I would really like to see the following:

Setting user groups for adblockers like "Leech", limiting what usergroups the popup displays for and have an option to show only 1x a day when dismissed would be great and I would happily pay more for these features to be developed.

rellect updated [rellect] Adblock Detector with a new update entry:

v1.0.1

New permissions
  1. Can bypass detection
    This is used to exclude groups
  2. Can dismiss adblock alert
    Enable this if you want allow visitors to close the alert and keep browsing in the site. If you disallow this, visitors won't be able to use the site until adblock is disabled.
  3. Show alert every X hours
    Set how often visitors will see the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
How about this: right before the html output is pushed to the client generate a random class name, with random variables and block the ad that way. Then adblock would be unable to target it since every refresh it would be in a different location as a different name.

How about this: right before the html output is pushed to the client generate a random class name, with random variables and block the ad that way. Then adblock would be unable to target it since every refresh it would be in a different location as a different name.
Not sure what you are suggesting here..
I'm not trying to trick adblock, just to detect if it's installed.

@rellect Hello, thanks for u add!

i have problem :

5juB3.png

I no possible to Dismiss :(

Probleme resolved =)

Last edited:
Top Bottom