[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Any estimate when this is released? :)
I'm delaying it because I don't have the time to support all the customers once the addon is released.
The addon is ready and been tested on a few forums, you can buy it now just note support is limited for now.

@rellect I actually fixed it by changing the template to try to load an empty ads.js instead, which adblocker will block and then trigger the fallback.
When I checkied the uBlock Origin logs it allowed the loading of the adblockHandler script, but with "noopjs" so it never executes, which is probably what makes it not work.
If you wanted to make it work for uBlock Origin also, you could have the handler script set some runtime variable and check it in the fallbackhandler, then the noopjs blocking won't help =)

@rellect I actually fixed it by changing the template to try to load an empty ads.js instead, which adblocker will block and then trigger the fallback.
When I checkied the uBlock Origin logs it allowed the loading of the adblockHandler script, but with "noopjs" so it never executes, which is probably what makes it not work.
If you wanted to make it work for uBlock Origin also, you could have the handler script set some runtime variable and check it in the fallbackhandler, then the noopjs blocking won't help =)
There are several checks to detect different kinds of ad blockers, including ublock, but some sites may need some adjustments that I can do after checking the site.
Modifying the detection script yourself isn't a good idea, as you may have solved one issue but probably caused to new issues on other ad blockers.

I have my settings set to no display. Some of my moderators were having trouble posting in our private forum and I fixed that by exempting that forum. I also asked them to stop using AdBlock Plus. I am curious what it does if no report is generated. Does it try to disable the ad blocker?

Or is it just doing nothing except noticing that an ad blocker is running and exiting.

I have my settings set to no display. Some of my moderators were having trouble posting in our private forum and I fixed that by exempting that forum. I also asked them to stop using AdBlock Plus. I am curious what it does if no report is generated. Does it try to disable the ad blocker?

Or is it just doing nothing except noticing that an ad blocker is running and exiting.
This option is in case you don't want to use the built-in alerts and want to make one of your own or handle it differently.
For example, instead of showing an alert you can write a code that will redirect the user to another page.

The addon cannot and does not try to disable the ad blocker itself.

Hello everyone who still follows this thread.

The resource has been removed because it's 2020 and it's time to end this product.

Thanks for your support over the years.

* Anyone who purchased it within the last 6 months is still eligible for support.

Top Bottom