Recent Posts by Siropu

Recent Posts by Siropu [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy (€9.99)

Siropu

Siropu submitted a new resource:

Recent Posts by Siropu - Feature rich recent post widget that allows you display a list of your latest thread posts.

This Add-on allows you to display a list of recent posts in the forum sidebar (or any sidebar) or bellow the forum list.

Features
  1. Set to display recent posts within x days
  2. Set the maximum posts to display
  3. Exclude forums (list with selectable forums)
  4. Set thread title length for both sidebar and forum
  5. Set to display user avatar
  6. Set to display thread prefix
  7. Set to display post excerpt
  8. Set post excerpt length for both sidebar and forum
  9. Set to...

Read more about this resource...

Well, this Add-on is focused on Recent Posts only and looks and does things differently. I've built this Add-on (like the rest of my Add-ons), for my community, using my own approach... :)

@rafass, the Add-on uses one query with or without cache. When cache is enabled, the main query is saved in the cache and a new query is used to check permissions. This query doesn't really meter because the permissions table is small and queries are very fast. I could cache results based on permission_combination_id but you could end up with lots of cache items and I don't think it will improve performance that much.

I'm using this Add-on on a board with over 600k posts with cache disabled and it works great.

@oman, use what's best for you. :)

I need this to work with Widget Framework. Please update. It would sell like hotcakes. Thx.

If you need it to work with the widget framework, just install the widget framework and use the block provided within it. It's basically identical to this, but you can add as many as you want.

If you need it to work with the widget framework, just install the widget framework and use the block provided within it. It's basically identical to this, but you can add as many as you want.
But this block has the options that I want, one being it will show the thread prefix and can set caching.

I agree I would be a buyer if it was Widget Framework compatible, there are others such as the one by Andy
but none are Widget framework compatible if this one was it would be a hit.

Top Bottom