1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Posts by Siropu [Paid] 1.5.0

Feature rich recent posts widget that allows you display a list of your latest thread posts.

1. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Siropu submitted a new resource:

Recent Posts by Siropu - Feature rich recent post widget that allows you display a list of your latest thread posts.

Read more about this resource...

2. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

but this can be done with WF

3. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

4. ŽivaAkcija

5. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Well, this Add-on is focused on Recent Posts only and looks and does things differently. I've built this Add-on (like the rest of my Add-ons), for my community, using my own approach... :)

maszd and rafass like this.
  6. ŽivaAkcija

good for your community?

Siropu likes this.
  7. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

So? In my case I avoid to use wf and is really great have more options.
    --
    @Siropu, there are some additional db queries with this addon? if so, how many?
    Thank you!

8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes, and best of all the widget framework is free, so you don't have to pay for a separate add on.

maszd likes this.
  9. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

@rafass, the Add-on uses one query with or without cache. When cache is enabled, the main query is saved in the cache and a new query is used to check permissions. This query doesn't really meter because the permissions table is small and queries are very fast. I could cache results based on permission_combination_id but you could end up with lots of cache items and I don't think it will improve performance that much.

I'm using this Add-on on a board with over 600k posts with cache disabled and it works great.

@oman, use what's best for you. :)

rafass, maszd and oman like this.
  10. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

11. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

maszd likes this.
  12. PASS

PASS Active Member

I need this to work with Widget Framework. Please update. It would sell like hotcakes. Thx.

13. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If you need it to work with the widget framework, just install the widget framework and use the block provided within it. It's basically identical to this, but you can add as many as you want.

14. PASS

PASS Active Member

But this block has the options that I want, one being it will show the thread prefix and can set caching.

15. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Can you please explain what do you mean by work with WF?

16. PASS

PASS Active Member

17. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

Yes please, add WF support, or at least an option to display the widget over forum list.

18. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

@PASS, What I don't understand is, how would you want this to work with WF? In what way?

19. oman

oman Well-Known Member

@xfrocks could probably explain better about making it work with the widget framework. It would involve you coding a block to import into the widget framework.

WCFA and xfrocks like this.
  20. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I agree I would be a buyer if it was Widget Framework compatible, there are others such as the one by Andy
    but none are Widget framework compatible if this one was it would be a hit.