QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
Check the previous update and have a look at the screenshots.
P.S: this is a little popup, but not really a little addon (regarding the hours I've spent on it).

I'm not exactly sure what I was supposed to see in your screen shots. Of course if I had to guess was the little link which said quick quote, but I never saw that either (or wanted that)... so.....

I resolved this by simply changing the setting from "after click" to "direct" and that solved everything... ie.... little pop up is back. :)

resolved this by simply changing the setting from "after click" to "direct" and that solved everything... ie.... little pop up is back. :)
That's the concept. It is explained in the second point of the update. Some users and I didn't like the quote box to be automatically triggered, especially if you're using Bb Codes with interactive content.

That's the concept. It is explained in the second point of the update. Some users and I didn't like the quote box to be automatically triggered, especially if you're using Bb Codes with interactive content.

Its an OK concept, but this seems to be the only setting working on my site and so long as its working.... I'm good.

Thanks for the help though :)

Same for me too. Only direct works.

So It means the other method "doesn't work" and my next question is what do you mean by "doesn't work"?
  • Do you have the fast quotes link? Did you click on it?
    demo03-png.46218
  • Once this link clicked, each time you use the quoteme box, the number of quotes will appear under the editor, can you confirm?
    demo05-png.46220
  • When you click on "Get quotes", the quotes are inserted inside the editor
Of course, as it is written in this addon presentation, you must have TMS.

The fast quote link not appeared in the default mode. So i was not able to use it. Maybe that's a custom theme issue. Of course i am using the TMS. Used the add-on in the past year or so without any issue. Upgraded from 1.5 to the current today.

An instruction if the fast quote link not appear would be helpful.

The fast quote link didn't work for me on the default style.

Which is OK. My members much preferred this

Capture.webp

And for that to work, we switched to "direct" which again was OK.

The fast quote link not appeared in the default mode. So i was not able to use it. Maybe that's a custom theme issue. Of course i am using the TMS. Used the add-on in the past year or so without any issue. Upgraded from 1.5 to the current today.

An instruction if the fast quote link not appear would be helpful.

I've just tested on one of my local test boards without any other addons activated except TMS, it's working, not matter the transpage mode is activated or not.
I just need to update this board to 1.1.5 (I didn't perform that update on my boards) to confirm this.

Upgraded to 1.1.5 - working

Edit: Tested on FF - IE7=>IE10 (float css bug on IE7, I'll fix that later) - Chrome - Opera

Attachments

• demo1.webp
    demo1.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 9
  • demo2.webp
    demo2.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 8
  • demo3.webp
    demo3.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is this working with 1.2?

While you're here, how about GoToTop? (didn't want to bump that as well.)

1) Yes but not with Redactor yet. I want to finish what I'm on then I will look at it.
2) No idea for GoToTop. I will test it later.

Hi, I have recently started using this on my forum. Excellent work.

Not sure if these features have been requested, or even if this is the place to ask, but my input, after my sincere thanks would be...

-Make the Get Quotes part look a bit slicker, and not just have it in text. I could do this myself I realise.

-Have the ability to add extra quotes after Get Quotes has been committed to the comments box.

Thanks again for a great addition!

Hi, I have recently started using this on my forum. Excellent work.

Not sure if these features have been requested, or even if this is the place to ask, but my input, after my sincere thanks would be...

-Make the Get Quotes part look a bit slicker, and not just have it in text. I could do this myself I realise.

-Have the ability to add extra quotes after Get Quotes has been committed to the comments box.

Thanks again for a great addition!
  • It's just a few css tweaks, I let users customize as they want. They only think I don't really like is the trigger to activate the QuoteMe addon (for those who chosen this option). It would need to be redone.
  • I don't understand. This is the normal behaviour. You select several quotes. With the transmode they get accumulated. Once sent to the editor you can continue to add some.

I just installed on 1.2.0, everything works, I really like it, very useful to fast quote parts of threads, the only problem I noticed is, using the xenforo editor (haven't tried any others), if the selection includes a quote, then that quote comes out as gibberish in the editor. It looks like xenforo's reply link strips out any quotes in the quoted message. Would be nice(r) if this did that to.
quoteme.webp

Top Bottom