QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
I would like to offer a suggest for enhancement, after doing the quote in direct mode, focus should be moved the the reply box .... great module...

I would like to offer a suggest for enhancement, after doing the quote in direct mode, focus should be moved the the reply box .... great module...
Nope, because this would prevent you to continue to quote. Example: you're at the top of the page, your quote a text, the page is scrolled down to the focused editor. You still need to quote some text at the top of the page... Then you have to scroll to the top of the page, quote again, etc. You get the idea.

You can try to use this addon that, in its last versions, has a mode that can bring you to the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
There's still nothing better in the xenforo universe of add-ons than this one. The "+Quote" thing in xenforo is unintuitive in both use and implementation in comparison. Thanks for providing it. You should be a consulting staff member of xenforo.

What exactly do you feel is not intuitive about it?

Are we talking about the ability to highlight text and quote it in the editor?

Are we talking about the ability to highlight text and quote it in the editor?

I am, yes. Select, click Quote Me!, release, and voila! The selected text is quoted in the QuickReply box below. No need to later click Insert Quotes, select the quotes, and so on.

It's immediate. The user can see what happened. And that's my definition of intuitive.

There is no need to do that in the core either.
Highlight the text, click 'Reply'.

Hmm. Just realized that. My take is that the difference between "+ Quote" and "Reply" is not self-evident and therefore will confuse users. It confused me. We (I) can't assume that forum users will have read some manual that explained the difference between these things and how to use them.

With Quote Me! as implemented (and I do hope I am commenting in the add-on thread itself), intuitiveness is almost built in with the simple Quote Me! pop-up that appears after one highlights text. There's no nebulous choice to make between two shades of gray, or grey.

Top Bottom