QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
Hi, Great Addon!!!

This is working perfect with default style. I installed cyberAP - charm style and it's not working with it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just noticed the quote popup is a little scared to show it's face. :D Anything you'd be able to help me with or should I be asking the template developer?

Test Thread   Forum.webp

Somehow, if there's a link in a text I'd like to quote and I start selecting text by 1st selecting the link - QuoteMe button does not appear and appears only as soon as I remove my text selction (=click somewhere else). Replicated on Chrome under Windows & Chrome on Mac.

Somehow, if there's a link in a text I'd like to quote and I start selecting text by 1st selecting the link - QuoteMe button does not appear and appears only as soon as I remove my text selction (=click somewhere else). Replicated on Chrome under Windows & Chrome on Mac.
I've just tested it and it's working for me. Are you using the last version ? Check if there's an error inside the console ; check if one of your extension might create a problem.

I finally found the template for inserting things to the right of the header logo which is where I want our quotations to display Template = ad_header
I did float right etc
inserted the quotation block under the hook

What I get on forumhome and other pages EXCEPT the quotes edit page is the else statement

Here is the way I coded ad_header
Rich (BB code):
<xen:hook name="ad_header" />

<div style="display: block; float: right; line-height: {xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight - 4'}px; *line-height: @headerLogoHeight; height: @headerLogoHeight; vertical-align: middle">

<xen:require css="xenquote_forumlist_random_quote.css" />

<xen:if is="{$quote}">
    <div class="randomQuotation">
        <span class="quotation">
            {xen:raw $quote.renderedQuotation}
        </span>
<xen:comment></xen:comment>
        <div class="attribution">
            {xen:raw $quote.renderedAttribution} <span class="muted">(<a href="{xen:link 'canonical:quotes/', $quote}" rel="canonical" class="dimmed">#{$quote.quote_id}</a>)

</span>
        </div>
        <div class="author">
            <xen:username user="$quote.author" /> {xen:phrase xenquote_added_this_quotation} <xen:if is="{$quote.quote_date} > 0"><xen:datetime time="$quote.quote_date" /></xen:if>
        </div>
    </div>
<xen:else />
    {xen:phrase xenquote_there_are_no_quotations_to_display}
</xen:if>

</div>

The blue code is the unaltered XenQuotation block.
Any idea why it's not working except for its else statement?

Also how do I get it to display on all pages?

cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 1.6 released

Version 1.6 released
  • The quotes can be saved inside the user browser memory to have a "transPage" mode which is kind of cross threads multi quotes mode.

I've been tested this feature (provided thanks to jStorage) and it seems to work fine. Anyway, if you have any problems, you can disable this feature.

• You also have an option to automatically activate the QuoteME popup after selected some text in a post OR you can activate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

getting this on install attempt:

Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpIfn2d0:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 152
  3. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 33
  4. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/abcoutle/public_html/adulthaven.com/admin.php at line 13
Server log:
ErrorException: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: /tmp/phpIfn2d0:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found -library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php:152
Generated By: AdultHaven, 4 minutes ago

Sorry, I have no idea why the install xml file of this addon gives you this error. It's just a standard xml file, nothing has changed here. A few questions:
  • Does this error occur everytime you install this addon?
  • Does this error occur with the previous version of this addon?
  • Does this error occur with other addons?

I love this little add-on, but it doesn't seem to be working any more.

I'm using the stock editor though so I'm wondering if this no longer support it.

Top Bottom