QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
Have an issue with this using the responsive style from Arty...

It throws the quote me button thousands of pixels down the page. It doesn't seem to be isolating the post_id specifically.

I asked Arty about it, and he responded with: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/soft-responsive-paid.37010/page-17#post-442683

Well in fact the one who is calculating the QuoteMe position should be jQuery according to the mouse position. But as I've written inside the instructions, there's a problem with that and I don't know why. To fix it to your style, just modify the margin-top inside the display options (see main page instructions).

Nuts... that didn't work either. In a thread with images, it doesn't factor in their height, thus puts the quote me thousands of pixels to the the height of the sum of all images posted in that thread.

Argh.....

Nuts... that didn't work either. In a thread with images, it doesn't factor in their height, thus puts the quote me thousands of pixels to the the height of the sum of all images posted in that thread.

Argh.....
I need to go now, but try to add in the extra css:
Code:
#QuoteMe{ position: absolute;}

=> useless already in position absolute

Edit: I've made some tests on a thread with many images, bbcodes, videos... no problem for me.

Here is a testing one for you... my dev site: http://seotesting.com/threads/thread.2/

Switch it over to the responsive theme and see where quote me ends up.... wayyyyyyyy down the bottom of the page.

Default it works, but not on that style. If I change the top margin, it fixes it for text only pages, though a video or image height in posts throws it out again.

Here is a testing one for you... my dev site: http://seotesting.com/threads/thread.2/

Switch it over to the responsive theme and see where quote me ends up.... wayyyyyyyy down the bottom of the page.

Default it works, but not on that style. If I change the top margin, it fixes it for text only pages, though a video or image height in posts throws it out again.
"New registrations are currently not being accepted."
I will look at it, but I already know I will not find the solution. I've already tried four hours to fix that on the previous version and then decided to come with the top-margin problem trick.

Try with this JS file. There are two solutions in it to check. Try the js directly. If it doesn't work open it, search "solution1", comment the line and uncomment the line of solution2.

Attachments

Solution one worked like a charm. I tried solution 2 as well, though not real good if you scroll, being a 'fixed' solution the button remains still and the page scrolls.

Solution one is a winner though. Thank you very much. Works well... scrolls with the post, isn't affected by images and video heights... WINNER!

Solution one worked like a charm. I tried solution 2 as well, though not real good if you scroll, being a 'fixed' solution the button remains still and the page scrolls.

Solution one is a winner though. Thank you very much. Works well... scrolls with the post, isn't affected by images and video heights... WINNER!
All the three methods don't use the same top and left values. The original one should have worked with an absolute position: it's working for the X values but not well for the Y (as you've experimented) and I don't get why.
I still need to check if it's working with all browsers though.

And by the way, these solution are not the best for css styles. The quoteme box being prepended inside the target element will take its parent css values.

Try this new fix, it works with the default theme and the one I'm using on my website, but... I fear it won't for you.
e.pageX & e.pageY seem to be the only solution to set the top & left css values on an absolute block.
=> e.layerX & e.layerY are not cross browsers
=> e.clientX & e.clientY are defined by the client browser screen (which means it will only work with a fixed position block)

So if this solution doesn't work, you will need to use the fixed position solution (that has been modified)

Attachments

Mmmmm.... yer, the prior fixed option 2 seems to be the best all rounder. Still plays silly games in Opera, but who really uses that one anyway!!! Safari, IE, Chrome and FF seem to be OK with option 2, using fixed position.

Mmmmm.... yer, the prior fixed option 2 seems to be the best all rounder. Still plays silly games in Opera, but who really uses that one anyway!!! Safari, IE, Chrome and FF seem to be OK with option 2, using fixed position.
I've just finished to test the two solutions (1- one with an absolute position with a fix that I don't really understand why it needed & 2- one with a fixed position) on all common browsers (IE7 IE8 IE9, Opera, Firefox, Opera, Chrome) and they are all working on the default Skin and some others I guess.

Just test this file with your theme. If it doesn't work, comment the solution 3 and uncomment the solution 2.

Attachments

Nope, didn't work on Arty's style. Option 2 is the only one working with the most accuracy, keeping the quote me within the post region text selected. All others throw it out thousands of pixels.

IMHO, there is simply a clash between this and Arty's responsive style, as his style injects JS to manage specific responsive functions, such as navigation rebuilding and such.

Attachments

Nope, didn't work on Arty's style. Option 2 is the only one working with the most accuracy, keeping the quote me within the post region text selected. All others throw it out thousands of pixels.

IMHO, there is simply a clash between this and Arty's responsive style, as his style injects JS to manage specific responsive functions, such as navigation rebuilding and such.
In the next version I will add an option per style to select which kind of position to use.
I think you're may be right for the js "conflict" when I see the function resizeContent()

cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 1.3 released

Version 1.3 released
> New positioning options available in appearance properties (per styles):​
  • absolute with correction (default)
  • absolute without correction
  • fixed
> To update: upload files, import xml, go to appearance properties of your styles:

you shouldn't be needed any more the top-margin fix: so delete it. If you see, the positioning is not good, write it back and select "absolute without...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom