QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
I've found a bug too. Well - it's a bug for me anyway...
I run a poetry forum - so a lot of the posts will not be in your standard sentence format, but stanzaic. So when copying a selected stanza(s) within a post - It appears in the editor as a normal sentence.

What I'd like to do though is keep the same exact formating as the original post, including bbcode. Like so:

di-7XQN.png

Might there be a quick fix for this?
Thanks!

J.

I've found a bug too. Well - it's a bug for me anyway...
I run a poetry forum - so a lot of the posts will not be in your standard sentence format, but stanzaic. So when copying a selected stanza(s) within a post - It appears in the editor as a normal sentence.

What I'd like to do though is keep the same exact formating as the original post, including bbcode. Like so:

di-7XQN.png

Might there be a quick fix for this?
Thanks!

J.

It's not a bug. This addon just copies the text and not its inner html. Why?

If the addon 'pastes' directly the html inside the editor, XenForo will not be able to parse this html code. I can use ajax to transform this code to bbcode with a xenforo function, but if the selected text doesn't have all the necessary htlm tags, then the xenforo parser (html to bbcode function) will only transform what it can, so the display will then not be the same and you will have the same problem.

cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 released

Version 1.1 released
  1. Js rewritten
  2. Bugs corrected (escapeHtml with TinyMCE)
  3. Mobile detection method changed: it will now use the default Xenforo method OR it will automatically use the one provided by this this addon (once activated)
  4. New options with bbcode parser (just for the demo, the 'text' method is still recommended). To test them, go here:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Possible Bug?
Since updating the latest version of this Addon I am not able to quote a post on a IPad.
The Keyboard is not shown any more.
Can anyone confirm this?

Possible Bug?
Since updating the latest version of this Addon I am not able to quote a post on a IPad.
The Keyboard is not shown any more.
Can anyone confirm this?
I've stolen the Ipad to my wife, and no problem here (no matter what kind of mobile detection I use.

Tested without any problems.
My users said that when 2 or more quotes are inserted sometimes all text before last quote deleting (Chrome, Mozilla). When autosave is on, if page close and then open only last quote restore.

(Sorry for my English)

My users said that when 2 or more quotes are inserted sometimes all text before last quote deleting (Chrome, Mozilla). When autosave is on, if page close and then open only last quote restore.

(Sorry for my English)
I've made several tests with multiquotes, I can't reproduce the problem.

Now about what is restored by the autosave I don't know exactly it works but this addon shouldn't interfere with it BUT if you don't click once inside the editor (type a letter for example), then I don't think the autosave will do its job.

XenForo is using an iframe and direct html code with TinyMCE (not just a textarea), so the quoteMe will insert html code directly inside this iframe, but if nobody press a key inside the editor, then the editor doesn't notice anything. But once a key is pressed, then it's becoming active. I've tried a few days ago to emulate a key press inside this editor (to make a focus, which anyway wasn't a good idea^^) but I didn't find any solution at this time. Now when I look at the code of the autosave function I may try a few things, but no guarantee it will work.

Wait, I will publish an update in a few minutes and you will can select this mode in some options, but again I'm not sure the result will suites you, but that the best I can do.
AWESOME! The options you've added to this resource really is quite nice and absolutely what I want for my poetry forum. I've tested it and it works rather well! Perfect as far as I can tell.

You sir get a virtual hug
hug.gif

Thanks so very much for your generous share and work!

J.

AWESOME! The options you've added to this resource really is quite nice and absolutely what I want for my poetry forum. I've tested it and it works rather well! Perfect as far as I can tell.

You sir get a virtual hug
hug.gif

Thanks so very much for your generous share and work!

J.
Thank you :) To be honest, I would need to change a little part of the regex I use for html capture, but I will do it later. Now I need to focus on other things.

Just for reference if users can't wait, find in js files:
Code:
/<(\w+)[^>]+?><\/\1>/i
replace with
Code:
/<(\w+)(?:[^>]+?)?><\/\1>/i

Top Bottom