QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
I've made several tests with multiquotes, I can't reproduce the problem.
So after few days while auto-save plug-in was disabled my users report that problem returned :( I don't understand how it could appear not regularly, but they said that it is :cautious: .

Can you add ", member: xxx" in the quote, like you would have with "reply" ? Without that, the avatar in the quote (Add Avatar To Quote add-on) won't display. Thanks.

Can you add ", member: xxx" in the quote, like you would have with "reply" ? Without that, the avatar in the quote (Add Avatar To Quote add-on) won't display. Thanks.
I knew I didn't add this data, but I didn't notice this value was needed for the avatar. Thanks. I will need to use Ajax for this, but I really don't have much time now.

I'll wait for the version which preserves linebreaks and formatting. I wish you success, Cédric!

I'll wait for the version which preserves linebreaks and formatting. I wish you success, Cédric!
... this version already preserves linebreaks. If by "formating" you mean html/bbcode it's also working (option to configure). The only problem is what Arkshine quoted above about the "Add avatar to Quote add-on". I would also want to find another to deal with the button show/hide, but I've tried a few weeks ago without success.

Excuse me, please, Cédric! Yes, your mod does work, even better than "Esthetic Quote Selected" I used till now. It not only preserves linebreaks and formatting (I missed to look into options), it also works in conversations!

May I ask you about further improvements?
1. Display popup button "Quote" 2-3 seconds longer.
2. If posting was quickly edited (via ajax), this button doesn't appear until page refresh.

1. Display popup button "Quote" 2-3 seconds longer.
2. If posting was quickly edited (via ajax), this button doesn't appear until page refresh.
1. It wouldn't change anything, I've already tried I need to find another way.
2. I know, but I didn't look to correct it... because it's quite rare to quote itself directly...

I noticed the following bugs (maybe - two sides of one):
1) strange behavior of Undo/Redo when quotes added: buttons are not highlighted, undo button can undo 2 steps at once.
2) if I write down some text in fresh editor field and than quote, the quotation removes written text!

I specially tested this problems at clear forum.

Wishing good luck to Cédric again!

I noticed the following bugs (maybe - two sides of one):
1) strange behavior of Undo/Redo when quotes added: buttons are not highlighted, undo button can undo 2 steps at once.
2) if I write down some text in fresh editor field and than quote, the quotation removes written text!

I specially tested this problems at clear forum.

Wishing good luck to Cédric again!

1) this is because I use direct jquery and didn't use the TinyMCE command. As I said a few post above, the editor doesn't know some text has been inserted. I've spent a lot of days with TinyMCE recently and It should be ok to improve this.
2) Only for the first insertion. I did it on purpose to avoid some problems but I 've forgotten which ones :p Any way, this behavior will change if I modify the above insertion command.

Cédric, can you improve both or at least 2-nd?

Since you are almost an expert in TinyMCE, can you give requests to its developers to improve it?

Cédric, can you improve both or at least 2-nd?

Since you are almost an expert in TinyMCE, can you give requests to its developers to improve it?
I'm not an expert at all :D
And I'm the one who is guilty there, not TinyMCE ;)
I will see what I can do next week

Two ideas for usability:
1. Add 2px shadow around the button for better navigation (visibility).
2. Do not hide button if mouse is over it. It's inconvenient when I'm going to click and at this moment button hides and I should re-select text.

Two ideas for usability:
1. Add 2px shadow around the button for better navigation (visibility).
2. Do not hide button if mouse is over it. It's inconvenient when I'm going to click and at this moment button hides and I should re-select text.
1. You can add very quickly yourself => go to visual option (where you have configured the margin)
2. See my previous answers.

1. Thanks, I did not think to look at the visual options. Added: box-shadow: 0 0 8px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
2. "but later. No time for this now."? - well, I will wait patiently.
Have a nice weekend!

cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 1.2 released

Version 1.2 released
  • The QuoteMe box Display/Hide Management has been modified (doesn't hide automatically anymore=> needs a click outside the QuoteMe box)
  • Uses now the official TinyMCE insertion function
  • Add an option for html mode users to parse highlighted selection in clean html before insert it inside the editor
  • The Quote code now includes the data "Member: XX"
    => To activate it, you must have first...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update, one thing I noticed though was the quote selection button appears without selecting any text. You merely have to click anywhere on their post and the button will appear, click it and it'll quote the person without any content, a blank quote. I take it this is from the display/hide management change, but is it supposed to appear when you haven't selected any text? Rather simply clicked on a blank area on their post?

Rest seems to work great.

Top Bottom