QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
Yes, i see jstorage.js and jstorage.min.js files are uploaded with main files. But editor content is not stored when i go from 1 page to 2 page...
Maybe there is something optional in settings that may cause this? Here it is.

Yes, i see jstorage.js and jstorage.min.js files are uploaded with main files. But editor content is not stored when i go from 1 page to 2 page...
Maybe there is something optional in settings that may cause this? Here it is.
Don't use the direct method and this will work since all quotes will be inserted in the editor when you will click on the trigger (at the bottom of the editor).

Last edited:
:) i've missed the TransPage checkbox as you can see in above link =) So now it is ok, but i found new bug (maybe not - you tell me).
My settings now are this. So it works fine, but when i link selected text first time - trigger says: Get Quotes (1)... ok... But when i go to page 2, or just refresh 1 page - it says: Get Quotes (2)... Try it )

:) i've missed the TransPage checkbox as you can see in above link =) So now it is ok, but i found new bug (maybe not - you tell me).
My settings now are this. So it works fine, but when i link selected text first time - trigger says: Get Quotes (1)... ok... But when i go to page 2, or just refresh 1 page - it says: Get Quotes (2)... Try it )
Yes you're right. This has been fixed. Thanks.

Last edited:
@jauburn
The bug with IE is confirmed but is coming from the insertHtml command of Redactor. This will not be fixed then. If you want to use this function with Redactor and IE, a workaround is to use the transpage mode.

Speaking of the transpage mode with IE, I've fixed a little problem (needed a preventDefault on trigger click) with it.

Does this work on Android or other mobile devices? I'm getting reports that it does not.
Yes, this is normal (see the description). I've read some documents to emulate mouseup and mousedown on touch devices, but this might make the user browsing harder and I don't want that, so I haven't been further than reading documentation. Another point is that this kind of addon is mostly used by people who like to debate and debating and I haven't seen anyone writing some long argumented messages (not facebook replies) on mobile devices. Of course anyone is free to take the source of this addon and improve it to his own needs.

Hello, it is possible that by installing the latest version stops working?
Now suddenly it does not work.
Thank you very much.

Hello, it is possible that by installing the latest version stops working?
Now suddenly it does not work.
Thank you very much.
What is your configuration for the quoteMe addon? You can take a screenshot if you prefer. What's the browser and your editor (I think it's TinyQuattro)?
Check also if you have an error message in the console of your browser, this can help. If you don' t know what the console is, just send me by pm your website link.

What is your configuration for the quoteMe addon? You can take a screenshot if you prefer. What's the browser and your editor (I think it's TinyQuattro)?
Check also if you have an error message in the console of your browser, this can help. If you don' t know what the console is, just send me by pm your website link.

Hi, I have the console no error for now the addon.
TinyQuattro addon, I have it set by default.
I used the Firefox, quoteMe addon, I have it set by default.
Here I leave some images if they help something and send you a private message with web access and a user.
Thank you very much.

s.webp

wq.webp

@Tize, you forgot to configure the QuoteMe options I think and you've updated from an old version. The new version requires to click on a trigger button on the top right of the posts to activate the QuoteMe popup. If you want an instant popup on click, you can configure this in the options.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help, it's true.
I got it fixed thing was setting the update.
Thanks for your time master.

sa.webp

I'm using 1.7.2 of this plugin, which is great. I just loaded up the popular Soft Responsive theme, though, and I note that when I select text in IE with that theme active, the QuoteMe button shows up way down in the quick reply box, not next to the text selected.

I'm using 1.7.2 of this plugin, which is great. I just loaded up the popular Soft Responsive theme, though, and I note that when I select text in IE with that theme active, the QuoteMe button shows up way down in the quick reply box, not next to the text selected.
Check these options:
demo02-png.46210

I'm finding that without "trans page mode" selected, as soon as you quote something, you get thrown down into the quick reply box, and you have to scroll up to quote something else before replying. With trans page mode on, this doesn't happen.

Also, with trans page mode on, the things you quote appear in the quick reply box in the order in which they were quoted. Without trans page mode on, quotes appear in reverse order (last to first).

So I'm now keeping trans page mode on. Thought I should let you know these discrepancies, though.

@jauburn
Confirmed. It doesn't seem to come from this addon framework, so I've reported these problems to TinyMCE developers.

P.S:
  • about the reverse order problem, it comes from IE but I've done tests in the past and I didn't see any problem then with TinyMCE. Now there are.
  • about the focus problem, confirmed on IE and FF. Working with Chrome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom