QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
@jauburn

about the reverse order problem, it comes from IE but I've done tests in the past and I didn't see any problem then with TinyMCE. Now there are.
I upgraded both tinymce and quoteme to the latest versions, and I do still note the reverse quote order problem in IE.

Last edited:
I upgraded both tinymce and quoteme to the latest versions, and I do still note the reverse quote order problem in IE.
I haven't said this bug on IE9 has been fixed (it was the one with the autoscroll). I've said I had reported it to TinyMCE developers (ref). Now I'm not sure there's an easy fix for it. The caret management looks good but it looks that IE9 transform text nodes to paragraph nodes.

I haven't said this bug on IE9 has been fixed (it was the one with the autoscroll). I've said I had reported it to TinyMCE developers (ref). Now I'm not sure there's an easy fix for it. The caret management looks good but it looks that IE9 transform text nodes to paragraph nodes.

I see. Okay, thanks.

I just got this report from a user:

firefox 25.0.1
apple OS 10.6.8
i never seem to get it to work with the first pass over
and need to re-high-light the desired text a few times before the 'Quote me " box comes up

Yes, I've seen the behaviour a few times, but it's not consistent (occurs randomly) and might come from the mouse position. I don't think there's anything I can do here.

@cclaerhout Is possible to add option which disable default quote functional (on click to Reply button window focused to editor and pasted quote text, and on reply pages http://site/threads/1/reply?quote=1 in editor pasted quoted text) ?
It would be very good. In default quotes pasted full content with tags. If use protected tags this functional may give possible to get protected content.

@cclaerhout Is possible to add option which disable default quote functional (on click to Reply button window focused to editor and pasted quote text, and on reply pages http://site/threads/1/reply?quote=1 in editor pasted quoted text) ?
It would be very good. In default quotes pasted full content with tags. If use protected tags this functional may give possible to get protected content.
  • That's going to be a no, the reply function is useful and will probably be even more useful with XenForo 1.3. But if you want to hide it, just target the css ReplyQuote.
  • When a BbCode has view permissions if the protected content is quoted, it will remain protected. If he doesn't work like this it may be because you added a usergroup permissions in the bbcode permission (I'm thinking of your addon). But even if you deal with it inside the BbCode callback that's not enough. To see how are managed the protection of BbCodes, you can go the "protection" folder of the Bbm addon. In the subdirectoy "BbCode", you will find two new formatters: Eradicator & Lupin.

No, I won't disable Reply function. I want disable default quote. I.e. I want option to disable paste quote text with reply function (leave only QuoteMe quote functional).
I.e. when a click to reply button - only focus to editor, without quoted text, and on reply page reply?quote=1 parameter quote=n is irrelevant

No, I won't disable Reply function. I want disable default quote. I.e. I want option to disable paste quote text with reply function (leave only QuoteMe quote functional).
I.e. when a click to reply button - only focus to editor, without quoted text, and on reply page reply?quote=1 parameter quote=n is irrelevant
Sorry but that's not the purpose of this addon.

If you want to do this, I think the cleanest would be to use JS to unbind the click action on the ReplyQuote element or to use event.preventDefault() to create a new action that will only scrolldown the QuickReply form:
Code:
$('.ReplyQuote').unbind('click').bind('click', function(e){
   e.preventDefault();
   $('#QuickReply').data('QuickReply').scrollAndFocus();
});

Otherwise, less clean because it will still have the JS code, you can modify this class XenForo_ViewPublic_Post_Quote and put a blank value (at least one blank space) for the return values (quote & quoteHtml).

@cclaerhout Can i manual modify this addon to add View that will extend default XenForo_ViewPublic_Post_Quote after it execute and replace
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput['quote'] and XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput['quoteHtml'] to blank values? And how i can do it? :-)

@cclaerhout Can i manual modify this addon to add View that will extend default XenForo_ViewPublic_Post_Quote after it execute and replace
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput['quote'] and XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput['quoteHtml'] to blank values? And how i can do it? :)
Did you try to use the XenForo listerner "load_class_view", match the XenForo_ViewPublic_Post_Quote class, extend with your own class using the XenForo proxy system (XFCP)?

I did it ;)
Rebuilded version of this addon.
Added new option which will disable default XenForo quote paste with reply button when this option is tutrned on.
By default this option is turned off.

Attachments

I did it ;)
Rebuilded version of this addon.
Added new option which will disable default XenForo quote paste with reply button when this option is tutrned on.
By default this option is turned off.
Thanks! I will look at it in a few days, could you try to make a commit on Github? I've never tried in this way.

In attached modification http://xenforo.com/community/threads/quoteme.37001/page-12#post-688917 is used 2 methods of default XenForo quotes disables for new option.
1 - disable QuickReply quote paste when just simply click on "reply" button when called js which load quoted text by ajax and instert it to editor textarea, for this disable is used listener which load alternative view class which returns blank quote text.
2 - in template cut quote parameter in the link to separate reply page threads/2/reply?quote=number_of_quoted_post and link will be threads/2/reply. But in this method was stay gap for users... If user in browser will go to separate reply page and manually in address add quote parameter ?quote=postnum - default quote is pasted.. :(
It is not very critical... but require rework modification to XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread::actionReply(). It seems needs to custom action which works before XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread::actionReply() and which will be erase in $this->_input parameter quote..

Top Bottom