Quick Thread by AddonsLab

Quick Thread by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy ($24.99)
We want to inform here how Guest Posting feature development goes and about our decision to release the functionality as a separate add-on. The main reason for this decision is that the functionality grows in size and is essentially independent of Quick Thread form itself. Guest posting is fully supported using usual thread form as well. We don't see any reason two hardly tie these two features together - Quick Thread form and Guest Posting, as there may be users who need only one of them. Another reason is that we want to implement not only threads by guests but also thread replies, which is completely not relevant to Quick Thread product.

However, as we announced the feature as part of this product, we are going to assign a free license with one-year support/upgrades to all our existing customers. Feel free to apply for the trial version of the new product and we will upgrade your service to the full version for free if you own Quick Thread add-on at the time of releasing. Please note, that any new purchases of Quick Thread add-on after the product is released do not qualify for the promotion.

Was this supposed to be released yesterday? I thought you mentioned somewhere that a new product is being released.

Looking forward to Guest Posting.

Was this supposed to be released yesterday? I thought you mentioned somewhere that a new product is being released.

Looking forward to Guest Posting.

It was planned to release earlier as an addition to the Quick Thread add-on, but we need some additional time to prepare it as a separate product, also re-writing its core to make it possible to integrate it later with thread replies as well. You can expect the release in about 2 days.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab , I just ran into a bug I believe. I had a user start the thread, fill the body with text then hit "more options" button and new window opened. All text typed was lost, not showing.

AddonsLab updated Quick Thread by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: missing thread content when using More Options button

In this version, we have fixed the issue with More Options button. It was saving thread title and prefix but message content could be lost if the message was not saved in drafts.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I have some questions.

- How can I restyle the very button shown on the homepage?

- There are two phrases:

alqt_post_thread: this seems to be used for the button on the homepage, where the popup with all the nodes appears.
/forum/misc/new-thread-popup
If I change this phrase also the button from a thread prompt in a forum shows the same phrase.

Example: I change the phrase to "Post a new thread and select a forum" it appears also with the thread prompt, although there is no way to choose a forum, because it it directly posted into that forum.

alqt_post_thread_in
Where does this phrase appear?

Thx

Hello, @ehd !

- How can I restyle the very button shown on the homepage?

The button uses the same style as other top "action" buttons in XenForo, like "Post New Thread" button on thread list page. The CSS classes for this style is "callToAction" so you can use it to customize the CSS, but if you do so, all similar buttons will also be affected. If you need a special CSS selector to style this button only, we can add one.

There are two phrases: alqt_post_thread: this seems to be used for the button on the homepage, where the popup with all the nodes appears. /forum/misc/new-thread-popup If I change this phrase also the button from a thread prompt in a forum shows the same phrase.

alqt_post_thread_in Where does this phrase appear?

Yes, alqt_post_thread is used in two places - the button on forum home page, and the button under Quick Thread form (next to More Options button). If you need a separate text for the home page button, we can implement it.

The phrase alqt_post_thread_in is used only in place, as a title of the popup, which opens when you click the "Post Thread..." button on forum home page.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Hello, @ehd !

The button uses the same style as other top "action" buttons in XenForo, like "Post New Thread" button on thread list page. The CSS classes for this style is "callToAction" so you can use it to customize the CSS, but if you do so, all similar buttons will also be affected. If you need a special CSS selector to style this button only, we can add one.

That would be great. So this button could be highlighted in a special way.

Yes, alqt_post_thread is used in two places - the button on forum home page, and the button under Quick Thread form (next to More Options button). If you need a separate text for the home page button, we can implement it.

I think this would be a very good idea. Because actually these two buttons do different thing. The one buttons opens the popup. The other one just starts the thread. When I tried this out, it confused me a little :0

Thx

Another thing I found (which is not very annoying) is the following:

If you use Nobita's group-add-on and navigate to
/admin.php?thread-prompts/thread-prompt , to set up a prompt, it shows you all forums, even the ones from the group-add-on.

He changed it in his add-on here:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nobita-social-groups-teams-guilds-clubs.2875/update/19568/

Changes:
  • Do not show social groups forums in XenForo Node Tree page.

P.S. Just checked, they are not selectable.

The Similar Thread compatibility in the mobile responsive view needs some work, doesn't look good at all. Maybe it should only have avatar + thread title and not other info, I don't know, but as is, it's cramped and looks bad. Plus things aren't even aligned properly.

Screenshot_20170901-194803.webp

The Similar Thread compatibility in the mobile responsive view needs some work, doesn't look good at all. Maybe it should only have avatar + thread title and not other info, I don't know, but as is, it's cramped and looks bad. Plus things aren't even aligned properly.

View attachment 156727

This should not be caused our add-on. Please check on normal Create Thread page, and see how Similar Threads look there. If they look correct there, and not on our product, we will check it.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Quick Thread by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Mobile support enhancements

In this version, we have enhanced the support for mobile devices. We have implemented two new options, to hide the block on Narrow and on Medium devices. We have also fixed the layout issues in Similar Threads block.

Post Thread button on home page will have another phrase now - alqt_post_thread_home_button allowing to translate/customize it independent from the Post Thread button in Quick Thread form itself. It will also have a custom CSS class now - "postThreadHomeButton", that allows...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update. The phrase works like a charm.

If I want to change for example the colors I have to put something in extra.css, I assume?

.postThreadHomeButton
{
?
}

But what exactly?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. The phrase works like a charm.

If I want to change for example the colors I have to put something in extra.css, I assume?

.postThreadHomeButton
{
?
}

But what exactly?

Exactly. In between goes any CSS rule you would like to apply, like:

CSS:
background-color: red;
font-size: 14px;

If the code does not work, you may need to apply !important to make it active, like this:

CSS:
background-color: red !important;
font-size: 14px !important;

Feel free to contact us via our Support System at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php if you need further paid assistance with customizing the product for your board.

Thank you!

For some reason the input text field doesn't fill its parent:

SS-2017-09-03_12.49.09.png

The thread prefix is hidden in our forum with the CSS I posted here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/quick-thread-by-addonslab-paid.131974/post-1168848
I guess that it is related to that.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

For some reason the input text field doesn't fill its parent:

SS-2017-09-03_12.49.09.png

The thread prefix is hidden in our forum with the CSS I posted here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/quick-thread-by-addonslab-paid.131974/post-1168848
I guess that it is related to that.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Do you mean the spacing between the avatar and the field? It should not be related to hiding the prefix. Do you think the spacing is too much on mobile view, or on desktop as well? If so, we will implement a responsive solution to have smaller spacing on mobiles. If you want to decrease the spacing on all devices, feel free to decrease it from alqt_thread_placeholder.css template. The rule looks like

CSS:
.LoggedIn #quickThreadBox .titleText {           
    padding-left: 20px;
}

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Top Bottom