Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.13.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
I've been using the test board and noticed that when there is no image set the thumbnail is 404'd. How do you resolve that?

I've been using the test board and noticed that when there is no image set the thumbnail is 404'd. How do you resolve that?

Not found thumbnails were just for the case when a thread does not have an avatar, and the URL of the "default" avatar was set to a non-existing image in the options. Now it is changed.

ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] uasort(): Returning bool from comparison function is deprecated, return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero in src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/Service/Detector.php at line 213

1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. uasort() in src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/Service/Detector.php at line 213

Code:
            if ($attachments)
            {
                uasort($attachments, function (Attachment $attachment1, Attachment $attachment2)
                {
                    return $attachment1->attach_date <=> $attachment2->attach_date;
                });

ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] uasort(): Returning bool from comparison function is deprecated, return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero in src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/Service/Detector.php at line 213

What version of PHP are you using?

I really can't see that the thumbnail sizing, or lack of, can be blamed on custom themes. XF2addons new plugin shows larger thumbnails out of the box. They're not ideal, should be square, but just goes to show...

screenshot_3-png.285570

Hello
It seems the add-on does not support displaying the thumbnails in the feeds add-on.

Can you support this?

Trying out the demo the thumbnail image for me is not showing on the tags page, is the demo site not running latest version?
Cheers, Craig

I'm wondering how the "Post count" feature works.

I have a thread with a single attached image on first post, and the second reply with 4 other images attached.
But despite I've set "Post count" to 10 (and also rebuild TT cache), I can only select the image from first post as a thumbnail, from the threads list...

Is my board having issues or what?

We have an option:

[ ] Enable only in forum view
If checked, thread thumbnail will be enabled only in the forum view. All other locations like New posts, Latest posts widgets, etc. will not show the thumbnail.

But I still have thumbs in the search. I will try to find the modification to stop this, but maybe they should be a trigger for that, please.

I have just noticed that in a thread where there are no images attached, the add-on is using the featured image from a link shared in one of the thread replies.

Is this intentional, or is did I find a bug?

If it's the first case, it could be useful to have an option to toggle this off.

Hello, everyone!

Sorry for the delay with replies here, we will review all latest replies and address them asap.

Thank you!

This error is fixed now.

I really can't see that the thumbnail sizing, or lack of, can be blamed on custom themes. XF2addons new plugin shows larger thumbnails out of the box. They're not ideal, should be square, but just goes to show...

screenshot_3-png.285570

Please confirm if you still have any issure related to this. Please provide your website URL for us to check.

That would be wonderful!
The add on is Audentio/Feeds
It's basically a themeHouse add-on (Feeds).
Downloaded free.

The add-on is not for free download. Please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and provide the add-on package to implement support for it.

Trying out the demo the thumbnail image for me is not showing on the tags page, is the demo site not running latest version?
Cheers, Craig
Yes, demo was out of date, the tags page does show the thumbnails now - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?tags/tag1/

I'm wondering how the "Post count" feature works.

I have a thread with a single attached image on first post, and the second reply with 4 other images attached.
But despite I've set "Post count" to 10 (and also rebuild TT cache), I can only select the image from first post as a thumbnail, from the threads list...

Is my board having issues or what?

The post count applies for automatic thumbnails, as mentioned in the option description. Manually setting thumbnail is supported only using the attachments from the first post.

I have just noticed that in a thread where there are no images attached, the add-on is using the featured image from a link shared in one of the thread replies.

Is this intentional, or is did I find a bug?

If it's the first case, it could be useful to have an option to toggle this off.

It was actually the intended behavior, requested by one of the customers. We have added an option to disable that behavior - Use embedded media for automatic thumbnail detection. Uncheck it to prevent the embedded media from being used as a thumbnail.

The new release is available in the Customer's Portal now.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option - Use embedded media for automatic thumbnail detection

The version adds an option to enable/disable using of embedded media for thumbnail detection. The option is enabled by default, so the previous behavior is kept without any changes.

The version also fixes an error in PHP 8.1

The new version is available for all licensed customers at https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom